Guess The Price of the GPZ 7000 ?

As far as I know if an overseas tourist buys a detector in Australia the 10% GST is refunded on leaving the country. This is what my Kiwi (NZ) mates tell me and I assume it applies to others.

The disadvantage is that AFAIK the warranty is only available in the country of purchase.

This information is off the top of my head and should be confirmed before being relied on.

• Like 1

If you read through the CTX forum on Findmall, you will find enough folks with warranty repairs to make you queasy about buying a new ML product with no warranty. My new SDC required replacement - it was done quickly and free under warranty - I would have been up you know what creek if I had no warranty.

What this price will do is make a lot of folks shop out of state in order to dodge the Sales tax. 5 - 8% of $10k is a lot of money.

In reply to the how much will the price come down post?

It’s safe to say it won’t come down any time soon; I got my GPX5000 in September 2010 for $6400AUS$ plus a few extra nits and bits thrown in, 4 and a half years later their still asking $6500 at some dealers and that’s for a non pro pack. Plus Minelab are great to deal with as far as customer service is concerned so if the GPZ has any teething issues you’re in good hands. I got mates that throw $13k at motorbikes to dodge roo’s out the forest so $10,700 for a flag ship device if you have the fever isn’t that bad. Happy digging! :)  :minelab:     

• Like 1

How many freezer loads of fish do you have to catch to justify that boat?

A GPZ bought for the MAP of $10k will re-sell in two years for about $7k (my estimate). That means you have to find about 2 1/4 oz of gold to pay for it (unless you have to borrow the price of the GPZ, in which case you have to add interest costs). Easy for some to find that much in two years, highly unlikely for many.

If you have a producing claim or large patch with proven occurrence of deep gold, it's probably the best tool for you and it costs a lot less than a bulldozer!

Hey Klunker, I may take the plunge on a 7000, want a make a deal after I'm done cherry picking my old patches if so? :) Only semi-joking, I gotta pay this thing off quick if I were to buy it.

I'm scared to see how much accesory coils cost because if I do buy it that 14x13 just doesn't cut it in a lot of places, and I won't have much to spend on the coils I need after that big purchase. If coils are like $1000 or something crazy that might kill it for me...waiting with crossed fingers.