Huge Problem With Wireless Module For GPZ 7000

My WM12 battery door has also torn off but I still use the piece as a plug. No joy from lots of Google searches trying to find an aftermarket replacement so far. Another item that should be available for purchase from Minelab dealers or from their website, but no.

I have been wearing the WM12 just below my shoulder and have almost no drop outs, or so few they go unnoticed.

steve-herschbach-6-ounce-specimen-found-with-gpz7000.jpg

I have no experience with this at all. But looking at the pic you provided, I got a good idea of the size of the WM12. It looks like it may just fit in your jeans pocket nicely. It would also be closer to the detector

Or......how about those baggy pants with pockets in the leg that you see, sort of military looking too.

For my GPZ I carry the wm in a small pouch on the chest strap of my pack, I face the wm with the back side out as I think it receives the signal better; I use dual speakers of sony over the ear-buds most of the time...

for my 3030 I always wear a shirt with large chest pockets and carry the wm in the left pocket...it is either a stronger signal or a better receiver because I can walk 20 feet away and still hear the detector...I use the sony earbuds or pro-gold headphones.

fred

Hi Steve and members

Its a real pain when something like that happens, thats why I have 4 moduels and 4 batteries and it also gives me 4+ days that I don't have to have access to a charger so I can do extended ride/walk camping missions.

Below are pictures of my innovation. Drum roll...............  The 'Gold Hound Speaker Hat'!!!!!!!

I've been running and developing the speaker hat for well over a year now so after extensive testing I can now release the speaker hat idea to you Steve and the good members of the forum.

All it is is any baseball cap with a military pouch threaded onto the strap of the cap.

Tips:

When you put the wireless module into it face the speaker forward. 

I use a '511 tactical c4 pouch' it works perfectly, I remove the 2 molly straps to make it more compact.

Benefits:

The speaker moves with your head so the sound is always the same, it is very close to using headphones! No need for a bag or harness just grab your detector, pick and Goldhound Speaker hat and your ready for........ATTACK! !!!!

20161103_131655.jpg20161103_131504.jpg

Oh well, my idea wasn't near as good as some others you guys have......Buuuut..........

What about those shorts that BadaBing is wearing? Those have to be the ultimate in nugget shooting apparel in Oz.

Maybe Steve could suggest them to the guys in Alaska, I'm sure they would be a big hit up there, especially if he provided a picture of him wearing them.  :rolleyes:

Jim ... mate. Your two comments in this thread both relate to clothing (disturbing enough - seek professional help) but you do not comment on the mad queenslander with a speaker stuck on a hat? Really ? 

Disappointing Jim, very disappointing.

Ps. they are my nugget shorts - no joke.

Cheers

BB

Sadly BB you are right. I didn't even give it a second thought. I will do as you suggest and seek out professional help.

But I can't help but notice that even though I never thought about my two replies having to do with clothing, you did.

Perhaps it may be beneficial if I made an appointment for the two of us.

Good hunting mate.

19 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

I have no experience with this at all. But looking at the pic you provided, I got a good idea of the size of the WM12. It looks like it may just fit in your jeans pocket nicely. It would also be closer to the detector

Or......how about those baggy pants with pockets in the leg that you see, sort of military looking too.

Hi Jim,

If a person used headphones in conjunction with the WM12 this is an option, or if they have extremely good hearing. Most of us need the speaker module to be nearer our ears, and in my case my hearing is much better in my left ear. So, shoulder mount under left ear.

Sorry guy's had a mate ask if I'm selling speaker hats...........

I'm definatly not

12 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Hi Jim,

If a person used headphones in conjunction with the WM12 this is an option, or if they have extremely good hearing. Most of us need the speaker module to be nearer our ears, and in my case my hearing is much better in my left ear. So, shoulder mount under left ear.

Try the speaker hat Steve! 

I have bad hearing and industrial deafness and the speaker hat works great for me its very close to using headphones.