Steve Herschbach

JP On GPZ 19 Compared To GPZ 14 - With Video!

Guest Jennifer

JP, is that some home made cutting board plastic scuff plate you've installed on the bottom of your coil?

Jen 

G'day Jen

It's a Nugget Finder replacement skid plate for the big 19" coil, most if not all the detector shops here in Australia have them, I imagine they would or should be available in the USA.  You take off the original and replace it with this one.

A couple of pictures for an example in the link below

http://phasetechnical.com.au/product/gpz-7000-z19-solid-skidplate/

cheers dave

Guest Jennifer

Thank you Dave, I'm pulling the big coil back off till I can get one of these. It doesn't appear there are OEM skid plates for the 19" coil yet so till I can put one of these on I'm gonna use the 14" which does have OEM covers available at present, I much appreciate the info..... I should probably learn the machine (I'm new on it) on the smaller coil anyways.

Cheers

Jen 

Hey Jen, Rob has the NF skid plate in stock on his site. They are selling fast,:biggrin:

Bill

Guest Jennifer
27 minutes ago, cobill said:

Hey Jen, Rob has the NF skid plate in stock on his site. They are selling fast,:biggrin:

Bill

Thanks Bill

Guest Jennifer
11 hours ago, cobill said:

Bill

Ordered one last night, thanks for the info.

Jen

Mine is at USPS now.:biggrin: Glad to help,

Bill

Guest Jennifer
On 3/31/2017 at 10:15 AM, flakmagnet said:

Good point Scott. I too have made the user button option to be able to switch to Manual tuning. It is a great way of making sure not to tune out a signal as you pinpoint and not throw out the GB while digging a target. 

Can you elaborate please, I didn't see the tip when it first came out.. thank you.

Disregard... found the video:

Jen

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By rockett
      Hi all  does anybody ground balance there machine as per instructions then leave the machine on the ground with ferrite under the plate ?
      I did this while i was getting the rest of my gear ready and it really made it quieter , in very  hot ground.
      The machine was sitting there for about 5 to 8 min approximately. 

• By mlgdave
      I updated to the latest firmware in september, sunday when I was detecting I would lose my sound through the wireless, I plugged in headphones and no sound from the machine through them either EXCEPT for turning it on, and also when the WM wireless connects I hear that (but probably from the unit not the headphones)
      Anyone else have issues, I do see 2 other threads but have tried both fixes including updating again. No dice, need the GPZ!
      mlgdave
    • By davsgold
      JP has put up a youtube video about this new ground balancing method.

cheers dave
    • By Norvic

Above is a quote from Jasong, from another thread that hits the nail on the head. Somewhat a forbidden topic on OZ forums, which I guess says a lot about social media. This matter has been touched on by others when speaking about the "new age" coils on the Xs in other threads. While I`m a confirmed and dedicated Z user, I recognise because I`ve experienced the ability of these coils and how they have closed the gap( in the field on undisturbed gold), plus in some cases exceeded the Zs ability. Saying that I`ve also experienced more cases where the Z exceeds the Xs ability.
      But it is interesting and really says it all about the dominance of ML, their only true competition to their latest serious gold detector is their model it replaced. This has been so for how many years?  What are the other detector manufacturers doing? And why is it sort of "taboo" to post about this subject?
    • By Rege-PA
      GPZ Coil coming soon.

• By Reg Wilson
      Jonathan, any truth in the rumour that Minelab are considering introducing a lightweight version of the 7000? A proper prospecting detector rather than a modified military monstrousity that the Z currently is? 
      You being close to Minelab, I'm hoping you may be in a position to enlighten us. I for one would consider an aquisition should this come to pass.