Steve Herschbach

JP On GPZ 19 Compared To GPZ 14 - With Video!

38 posts in this topic

JP, is that some home made cutting board plastic scuff plate you've installed on the bottom of your coil?

Jen 

G'day Jen

It's a Nugget Finder replacement skid plate for the big 19" coil, most if not all the detector shops here in Australia have them, I imagine they would or should be available in the USA.  You take off the original and replace it with this one.

A couple of pictures for an example in the link below

http://phasetechnical.com.au/product/gpz-7000-z19-solid-skidplate/

cheers dave

Thank you Dave, I'm pulling the big coil back off till I can get one of these. It doesn't appear there are OEM skid plates for the 19" coil yet so till I can put one of these on I'm gonna use the 14" which does have OEM covers available at present, I much appreciate the info..... I should probably learn the machine (I'm new on it) on the smaller coil anyways.

Cheers

Jen 

1 person likes this

Hey Jen, Rob has the NF skid plate in stock on his site. They are selling fast,:biggrin:

Bill

1 person likes this

27 minutes ago, cobill said:

Hey Jen, Rob has the NF skid plate in stock on his site. They are selling fast,:biggrin:

Bill

Thanks Bill

11 hours ago, cobill said:

Bill

Ordered one last night, thanks for the info.

Jen

Mine is at USPS now.:biggrin: Glad to help,

Bill

On 3/31/2017 at 10:15 AM, flakmagnet said:

Good point Scott. I too have made the user button option to be able to switch to Manual tuning. It is a great way of making sure not to tune out a signal as you pinpoint and not throw out the GB while digging a target. 

Can you elaborate please, I didn't see the tip when it first came out.. thank you.

Disregard... found the video:

Jen

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By DolanDave
      Got out Friday, and decided to use the good ol Boat Anchor 19 " coil on the ZED. After finding the Specimen Gold, and into it 2 hours, my Bungee broke, and I had to go to my backup bungee, and also switched back to the 14". I was using the High Yield Mode with the 19" coil, since the soils here are not to bad, and I seem to get a little more depth using the 19" with High Yield.
      Dave.

• By DolanDave
      Does Minelab limit transferring the warranty to several new owners, or can you just transfer the warranty once?? Talking about the 7000. 
        Also hearing from multiple sources Minelab doesn't really do repairs, they just mail new devices back to you if there is something wrong. ????
    • By Jennifer
      Well I did it..... recent success in Gold Basin with my 5000 and Evo (some documented on here, some not) has allowed me to scrape together the pennies to buy my ultimate "significant other". 
      I'm now the proud owner of a ZED with 19" coil and to help save my back, I picked up an over the shoulder boulder holder Mac Daddy coil suspension rigging. Some of you may recall my looking at it at the Minelab conference here in Lost Wages (Las Vegas). I've tried it on, it's incredible, hopefully it doesn't sound off too much with all the aluminum, lord knows I've already dug enough aluminum cans with the Evo, I'll let you all know how it goes.
      Sooooo prepare for some dumb blond questions as I go forward with Zeddie. 
      Pics are my little x'mas in April picnic lunch outside my 5th wheel and the harness (the gal in the harness shots is not me, she's much more attractive) 
      Jen

• By Steve Herschbach
      There are a couple excellent photos of this product at Nenad's website.
    • By Jennifer
      Do these GPZ19's normally false at the slightest tap of a rock? I'm not sure why they put a scuff plate on it, you cant scuff with this and it gets VERY tiring having to run it 6" off the deck, seems if this is normal your giving up depth... this is 100x worse than the piece of junk Goldstalker falsing one I had. All settings the same, with the GPZ14 on no falsing at all, nice and quite... 19 all but useless... is it so hot of a coil that you need to babysit and carry it above all rocks? If that's the case it's going in the classified section, perhaps it's defective...
      thx
      Jen
    • By madtuna
      Still love my 5000 but it's sadly neglected as of late., the 7000 is just a beast!
      Walked onto another little run in a wash today in a totally new area. Scored 19 grams in nuggets plus two specimens. *
      Just belted the species and got 1.4 out of the little one and 4.6 out of the bigger one plus probably about another 3 or so grams in fines to be panned off.
      * Fly not included in weight