They’re Here!

Skate

It'll be great when the NDA's that Steve and other testers had to sign expire so they can begin to share more specific things related to the detector. Great times ahead. 

Guest Tnsharpshooter
5 minutes ago, Skate said:

It'll be great when the NDA's that Steve and other testers had to sign expire so they can begin to share more specific things related to the detector. Great times ahead. 

I think Steve has already said here, he is talking a back seat.  We might not hear a great deal said by him.  He may clarify or help some who are confused though.  I think Steve wants to see us (purchasers) just reconfirm what he has witnessed.  A revalidation of sorts.  I by posting what I have here, I sure don't want to - speak for him.

I'll believe it when my dealer says he actually has any in his hands. Wheather i get one or not is another matter. good luck to all of you. 

My Dealer says they are in Chicago and he will receive his shipment in two days.  Hoping to get mine a few days after that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, walkerrj said:

My Dealer says they are in Chicago and he will receive his shipment in two days.  Hoping to get mine a few days after that.

outstanding! 

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Hey, I can be a backseat driver! :smile:

NDAs don't quite work like that. They never expire, and basically anything that went on during development is off limits. But yes, I will be much more free to get into all the details now, but that comes as much from the software finally being locked down as anything. There is a lot I could get into but it is best we all just wait and see what happens in the next few days. I think you all will be pa

The thing is I am not trying to make Equinox into anything. It just is what it is, but there is much to learn about it. I have my pieces of the puzzle to offer but we need people all around the world to chime in with what they like and what they don't like. It is a metal detector, not a magic wand, and you can't please everyone. That's just fine. I just know its what I am using now and so as I learn I will post, and I hope you all do the same. I actually am tired of the detector of the week game myself, and am ready to just settle into this one machine and learn it to the fullest extent possible. It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but for me at least this is the best do-it-all detector I have ever used.

Great points as always Steve.  As I have said before... the best I can hope for is a machine that I connect with and speaks to me, while giving me confidence when hunting.  From everything I have read (both on and in-between the lines) the Equinox may be that detector.  Until I get some hours on it, I won't know for sure.  But regardless, I am confident Minelab and the consultants (present company included) have designed a quality cutting edge detector, and honestly, its only limitation will be its operator. 

Happy Equinox Hunting everyone.  Tim 

I should be high on the list from my dealer but it comes at a bad time for me with cash.  Have had a lot of medical bills, etc come rolling in lately.  If they call to tell me I have one, I will be scraping to get the funds to get it.  May have to sell a kidney on the black market.  Then again, I'd probably just get $1,000 for the kidney and the surgery cost me $10,000. Haha.