Neil Jones' Coke Sandwich Test Video

MontAmmie

Neil just put this on Facebook for one of those Naysayer Nellies.  I hope the link comes through and it's ok to post here.  Steve can delete it if it's not, but this was amazing to me.  Ok, I'm easily impressed.:laugh:  I can't wait to see what my 800 will do in that Montana metallic dirt. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/157635448164052/permalink/192106651383598/?comment_id=192122848048645&notif_id=1517586557918590&notif_t=group_comment_reply&ref=notif

• Like 4

Thanks for posting! I do seeing better than I do anything else. 

A picture is worth a thousand words but reading is even worth more.haha

We all need to read over and over again the instructions when we get our Equinox. In this way we can put into play at the same time.

Chuck

'Coke' has multiple meanings, unfortunately.  In the old days in the US, I think 'coke' meant unburned charcoal.  The word may still be used in this context, but given the evolution of materials used for generating heat in buildings, it's fast becoming obsolete.  In the video it appears that the pieces he's using in his test are burned charcoal.  Or are those unburned? 

When park hunting I frequently get signals from burned, partially burned, and even unburned charcoal that was dumped from a grill fire and eventually worked its way into the ground.  Often these read very high on the conductivity scale (above silver dollar) on the F75.  Are those analogous to the pieces shown in the video?

The true meaning of Coke here in the UK is better known as cinders or partially burnt coal and which is the ashes from coal burning home fires and were used in the old toilets (Middens) where the ashes were sprinkled on human waste in the dry closets to keep fly's off the poo, these middens were shoveled out once a week and taken to the local farms for manure to be spread on the fields, another source of coke is from the ash pans of the ancient steam engines which were used to pull an agriculture plough (Plow In USA) and for driving threshing machines and baling machines.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Randy Dee said:

The true meaning of Coke here in the UK is better known as cinders or partially burnt coal and which is the ashes from coal burning home fires and were used in the old toilets (Middens) where the ashes were sprinkled on human waste in the dry closets to keep fly's off the poo, these middens were shoveled out once a week and taken to the local farms for manure to be spread on the fields, another source of coke is from the ash pans of the ancient steam engines which were used to pull an agriculture plough (Plow In USA) and for driving threshing machines and baling machines.

Thanks for the info, Randy.  I was thinking coke was some kind of low-grade iron ore type stuff.  And thanks to the Forum Elf for fixing my link so the video(s) would show. :biggrin:

• Like 1