2 Nox's Or 1?

Just curious about the reason for owning two Equinox machines. I've read, on several forums, that a number of Nox owners are buying two. If you have one, why would you need two?

Thanks in advance for your replys.

Well, for any serious detecting where the investment of time and /or money is more than normal, having a backup machine is very cheap insurance. For instance, I would never travel to hawaii with only one detector if detecting was something I really thought was important to my vacation.

I will have two Equinox. One will be designated as the "saltwater unit" with the other as backup. Conversely, when out and about doing other types of detecting, I will use the "not saltwater" unit and the saltwater machine will do backup.

This is because saltwater is hard on detectors over time, and to some degree it's more a matter of when and not if a heavily used saltwater unit will fail.

Two detectors does allow for quick coil swaps if you have each machine set up with different coils. No need to change out the coil, just grab the other detector.

Finally, you never know when a loaner machine might come in handy. :smile:

Two machines may seem like a lot of money ties up, but I sold off several other machines and replaced with one Equinox. Plus, just one of those machines, the CTX, alone costs more than two Equinox. I can have two Equinox and be well ahead on the money.

A 600 and an 800 can make a great pair with the 600 being the saltwater machine, since for all intents the machines are almost identical when it comes to saltwater use.

minelab-equinox-600-800-compared.jpg.67c

• Like 2

In my case, I originally ordered the 800 and then bought the 600 that I could get immediately. 
We are a military family and move frequently. Our permanent home is on the Florida Space Coast.

I will be leaving my 600 in Florida, where it will be primarily a beach and saltwater machine, and like Dave...a backup for my 800 that will move with us wherever we are stationed. That way I don't have to pack or ship my detector to Florida whenever I'm going to be at our permanent home.  No brainer, really.

I have two. I have an 800 and 600 and I bought mine as a backup and a loaner when I get company. When the 6" coil is available I will fit one with the 6" coil and leave the other with the standard coil

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Well, for any serious detecting where the investment of time and /or money is more than normal, having a backup machine is very cheap insurance. For instance, I would never travel to hawaii with only one detector if detecting was something I really thought was important to my vacation.

I will have two Equinox. One will be designated as the "saltwater unit" with the other as backup. Conversely, when out and about doing other types of detecting, I will use the "not saltwater" unit and the saltwater machine will do backup.

This is because saltwater is hard on detectors over time, and to some degree it's more a matter of when and not if a heavily used saltwater unit will fail.

Two detectors does allow for quick coil swaps if you have each machine set up with different coils. No need to change out the coil, just grab the other detector.

Finally, you never know when a loaner machine might come in handy. :smile:

Two machines may seem like a lot of money ties up, but I sold off several other machines and replaced with one Equinox. Plus, just one of those machines, the CTX, alone costs more than two Equinox. I can have two Equinox and be well ahead on the money.

A 600 and an 800 can make a great pair with the 600 being the saltwater machine, since for all intents the machines are almost identical when it comes to saltwater use.

minelab-equinox-600-800-compared.jpg.67c

Same here .

I have 2 x 800 so if anything goes wrong i always have a backup . I would have been better if the machine worked better on all parts of my beaches but where it works best is in the water and low down and thats where the wear is worst , the control unit should last and maybe the coil but the WM08 and stems i doubt . 

I also want to use one on land when i get out but more than anything its just back up in case .

In my opinion, no machine is a better value (performance for the price).  So 800 plus a 600 (dedicated water machine) makes a lot of sense from a price and performance perspective.  Plus you only have to be proficient at one machine vice two.

• Like 1

I only use Minelab so 2 Nox is the way to go . Plus my ET and Terra .