We've all seen, heard of or found coin spills...particularly if you primarily hunt beaches. However, throughout all the years I've been walking our Florida beaches this is the first Sinker Spill of this size that I've ever found.

These sinkers came from the same 3x10ft area of Bicentenial Park beach and it wouldn't surprise me if I didn't find all that was there!

😁
SinkerSpill.jpg.753f831daebaebe6b1e97a2ecb6dc40d.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

it is usually a good sign............Gold aint far

RR

18 minutes ago, Rivers rat said:

it is usually a good sign............Gold aint far

RR

Normally, very true.  This spill however, was relatively shallow in the dry sand high on the beach near the dunes.  My guess is that some fisherman unfortunately dumped his tackle box.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Reminds me a few weeks ago I hit the river at a local favorite fishing spot. Found over 3 lbs in sinkers. I forgot my pouch and had to use the front pocket on my waders. Lot of times if there is a gravel or rocky bottom the sinkers get caught up. The shoreline might prove better hunting grounds where people cast from.

• Haha 2

At least they weren't the small ones that keep falling through the scoop holes. That can be frustrating!

• Like 2

Yep, anyone that has ever fished has forgot that damn latch, at least once!! Always "fun" fishing all that crap out of the sand! Now you have enough lead for a couple of nice counterweights!!🤣👍👍

• Haha 2

As a matter of fact just found a plastic bag full of the little ones hahah. Funny you mention that because it drives me crazy in the local ponds here. Don't want to pass them up incase they are an ear ring either.

47 minutes ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

That's a load for sure! I can say here if your finding sinkers more then likely your not at a swim beach, your at the local fishing hole..

Maybe there will be a gold weight?

Is a popular swim spot but many of the folks wade out. Buddy found a large cent spill not too far down stream in the same area as well as a trime.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By schoolofhardNox
      Had the day to work a beach with the GPX and the AQ. I used the GPX for 5.5 hours and dug every target in the dry sand. I know there is deep silver at this particular beach, and it did not disappoint me today. The Standing Liberty quarter was measured at 18” and the Walking Liberty half was at 20” This is the maximum I have found silver with the GPX. You do not always get those depth, depending on EMI in the area. I can regularly get 15” on most coins. Another good target was a gold grill, probably 9 or 10K. You do not see those every day on the beach.😄 Partials sometimes, but grills never. It was nice to get out and dig like crazy. Beaches are very trashy, but I need the exercise, so I dig it all.

• By mn90403
      I looked at my Equinox 800 screen when I heard it.  This Sound had potential.  It was not like the familiar sounds of pennies, quarters and even the nickels.  The screen read 9 and that had Potential too.  I swung over it in a couple of directions and it still had a solid 9.  Then you dig.  Still a 9 and a good sound as you go down 3-4-5 inches to the patch layer.  Then it is in the scoop and you look down in the dim light and you don't see a coin.  You can see a shape and the wire mesh too!  That is real POtential.  I turn on my light and voila it's a ring and its yellow!  POTENTIAL!

When I got home I looked it over.  It is not the best ring that I've ever found but it was the BEST and only ring I found last night.  It is 10k/RL/CZ/BOUVIA.  Potential realized.
      Now, this is the rest of the story as Paul Harvey used to say.
      Last night was a hunt pattern that I have repeated before.  It is a normal beach detecting pattern for me.  I put my son to sleep about 8 PM and when he is sleeping a couple of hours I get up and detect the beaches for 4 hours or so.  The beginning was the same with parking and beach entry.  After walking about half a mile I could see a detectorist light up ahead working the beach.  I could not tell which direction they were working but I knew this spot.  It could be good but I was going to let them have it.  I walked off the wet sand into the dry and avoided the spot for quite a distance and then I dropped back down to the beach.
      Someone had been to this portion of beach before me but they were gone or it had been the detectorist I avoided.  I could not see them any more and no one was in front of me so I relaxed and looked for the clues.  Pretty soon I found a coin.  I circled and found another.  I saw some recent (within 2 hours) unfilled dig holes and I included those in my pattern and then in my grid.  The picture emerged and I could see the beginning and finally the end of the patch.  It was a small patch this time but I'll take it.
      No one came across me while I was working this patch.  There were no seagulls.  I hope this happens for you on your patches.

• By mn90403
      I got a chance to go out on a couple of hunts this week and the best things I found were this little 10K/1.28 g Gold Ring, a 4 g Silver Ring and this 4 oz Lure.  I think the lure is the most expensive!

The little ring was a challenge as it was down about 5 inches and I had forgotten I had my F2 on at 5 from an experiment.  With that setting the quarters sounded funny and I was about ready to do a factory reset when I discovered the 'problem.'  I was using the 15" coil so I consider it a good get for the small target that read 6.
      Mitchel
    • By Compass
      Thanks to the good people on this forum I returned to one of my lakes with the intention of digging less than 100 bottle caps as I did last time. I found about 20 but I dug many that I had anticipated would be bottle caps but I just wanted to be sure. I hunted in "Park 2" and 40 khz for the start of the hunt and switched to my user profile (4khz) on suspected cap targets and the cap TID's almost always jumped up to "36-40" range. Eventually, I just left the detector at 4 khz because it was so smooth and quiet and I wouldn't have to keep switching back and forth. Targets really stood out when the coil passed over them and it made hunting so much more relaxing..
      I was concerned that I might miss some low conductor targets at 4khz but I did still get 2 of them maybe because of their depth or size. I plan on doing more bench testing today to see if there are any drawbacks to hunting in 4khz. Fortunately, I got my GoPro camera to work and I captured a couple of exciting moments that I am able to now share.

GL&HH!
    • By Joe D.
      Hello all,
         Everything seemed to be in alignment yesterday morning, when i woke up about 4 A.M., and couldn't go back to sleep after looking at the tides and weather! 
         Had some issues that prevented me from getting out the last few weeks, so i was itching to go!
           The wind was ripping pretty good, and i had a spot in mind that had been renurished and ruined for quite a while, that should be showing signs of huntability again! Also, it's a spot that you can "dual hunt", meaning ocean beach and water, than a short walk away, intercoastal beach and shallow water!!
         I got there before sunrise to beat the heat, and low tide hit at around 7:15; perfect! Did a quick peek, and liked what i saw!
          Geared up; and within a few minutes, i found a decent coin line running North from the rocks, to open beach, about midway between the cliff and water! All the coins and other objects were on the harder shell layer, under about 6-8 inches of soft eroded sand! I followed it till it petered out, than backtracked a different line back to the rocks! 
          I was hitting a few targets in the rocks, and got to finally put my new PulseDive to the test! It worked great! A few times, i had to put my detector and scoop above the surf, and hand dig, and test over and over for a few tough targets that were locked in crevices and rock holes! Cool,  but a little time intensive! I was hoping for a sliver, or long lost gold item, but ended up with some 70's and 80's coins instead! All good though!
        After about 2 hours, the incoming tide was beating me back from the good area, so i took a break, than switched over to the calm intercoastal side for about another 2 hours of relaxed hunting; mostly in the water!
         Overall, i was happy with what i recovered, even though no gold or silver today! Now i know that i can return, as the erosion progresses hopefully! If not, i know the other side has some jewlery waiting for me! 👍👍

• By Skullgolddiver
      Here we go again, when autumn approaches, the evaluation of the most suitable vehicle means to prepare anything to face the peace of the beaches that will gradually begins empty  ... Unfortunately for me, no more dinghy this year and considering the terrible weight of all the ballast I'm forced to bring downthere, plus another tool I'm planning in these hours, this time I'm in real troubles. At least 150kg, to be carried by hand and never on my back again, possibly.
      I tried to build two different trolleys with solid wheels, but with all the weight, I only managed to sink into the first meters of sand and to get into the water it was a nightmare.
      if any of you use special wheels or have built a personal cart and want to share pictures to get an idea for a project, that would be really great ...