Little-big Coin

Nice looking Barber Half!  And good for you not to be aggressive in cleaning.  You can always do that later but you can never undo it.  I'd be thrilled with even that well worn silver 3 center.  About how deep were these?

Could you give us at least an indication of what part of the USA you found these?  State name would be plenty but even a broad geographical designation (East Coast, etc.) would be good.

2 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Nice looking Barber Half!  And good for you not to be aggressive in cleaning.  You can always do that later but you can never undo it.  I'd be thrilled with even that well worn silver 3 center.  About how deep were these?

Could you give us at least an indication of what part of the USA you found these?  State name would be plenty but even a broad geographical designation (East Coast, etc.) would be good.

That is my buddy. We  were about a half mile from Lake  Ontario       on it's south shore.It was a old foundation  off a   road on a narrow ridge with about a 20 yard by 40 yard area to hunt.They were both  over 7''.The other guys found a 1847 Large cent and a 1902 Canadian large cent plus a merc and a heavy sterling pin.I only got a  Indian on the day we hunted with the other guys but I got the most wheaties.One  buddy calls me  MR. wheatie because I find a lot with the Nox.He is the one who found the huge gold ring in the first 15 minutes with the  Nox and yesterday in a different spot got his first seated and it was a 1876 cc dime.I have yet to get a older then barber silver with the Nox .Clad hopper has had the Nox for a little over a year and has 2 seated,  the trime plus the Barber half. One of the Seated coins was a quarter.The last Barber half I found in the turf was in 2016 with the x-terra 70.

• Like 4

I would have been happy with "somewhere in Upstate New York" but now I'm packing my detectors to drive all night.  See you tomorrow along the Lake Ontario shore!  I'll bring you guys some (cold meat on Wonder Bread) lunch in appreciation.  :laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On Monday a different member here found a  Large  cent in a different section of the park.There were scattered dwellings in this  place before it became a park.Large  cents are  very rare in this  park and are found  once in a blue moon.  I have never got one in the  turf here but found a 1825 Farthing. The park is huge and  very  hilly with a few ponds and has a golf course.We don't hunt the golf course but on a different course  my buddy has permission. One other guy who has permission at  that  course cleaned up and  I mean  cleaned up since it was a fairground before  with a horse track.

• Like 1

Great finds with some nice hunting on your part!

Good luck on your next hunt.