Its No Deeper Than A Mk1

brys

check out this video, all shallow finds same as mk1 ,no hammereds and no roman coins just like a mk1 dig.all these air tests mean nothing CD

Static comparative tests must be done to accurately assess/compare the depth performances of detectors .  Up to now I havent seen any video/report doing an accurate depth test comparison between a D2 and a D1 .  The only comparative depth tests I have seen are those done by calabash between  the D2 and an Eq800 .  The above video one is just a D2 outing , I did not see any D1 during this video ..

From my standpoint I expect the D2 to be a little deeper than the D1 on medium/big coins because the FMF uses lower freqs like 4k which go deeper on big targets than higher freqs which are mostly used when using a D1 .    I run 14k and 30k on my D1 HF , mostly 30k .

For small coins/targets I agree the D2 D1 depths should be similar 

• Like 4

If all a person is interested in is depth, there are lots of detectors made in the last 45+ years that will satisfy, and at almost no financial cost.  My Garrett Groundhog (mid '70s vintage) is deep, maybe as deep as my F75 and Equinox.  That was one of the very best detectors (particularly for native gold) in its heyday -- late 70's and early 80's.  I see those on Ebay frequently selling for under $100 (and that's the asking price; I don't follow them to see what the final transcation prices are).

The last time I used my Groundhog was in 2015, before I got my first modern detector -- Fisher Gold Bug Pro.  I've never missed it, other than from a nostalgic viewpoint.

• Like 3

I appreciate his work so far. I know he hasn’t got the coil over any two shovel targets yet but so far the IDs are stable. I wish he would at least bring his ORX with him to compare ID stability. 

I really like the Square tones. Thanks XP for listening to many of your customers who did not care for PWM audio.

• Like 3

Due to the multi frequency and improved programs, even if the intrinsic power of the Deus II is the same as the Deus, there must a several programs where it is ultimately effectively deeper, unless you are constantly changing coils And programs( and settings) on the Deus, side by side, in which case you could never keep up with the Deus II which has all that built in.