I think over time the European manufacturers may take over some of the old dogs in the game in the years to come, they're innovative and really are starting to get places with very modern technology detectors.  The Rutus Atrex would be far more popular if it had better worldwide distribution, and there are many others but they're largely forgotten about outside of Europe.  Over time it just takes them to hit a few home runs and more exposure for it to take place, I guess XP is an example of a European success story that went global, I'm expecting there will be more follow in their footsteps.

People are holding out for places like First Texas to do something when the Europeans are pumping out far better detectors using new innovative technologies than First Texas have in their stable, they're just not as easy to get your hands on outside of Europe, I hope that changes.

Maybe we are barking up the wrong tree hoping First Texas, Garrett or other traditional manufacturers are going to release the next big thing, it could be a brand that we're largely unfamiliar with in our parts of the world.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, ☠ Cipher said:

Now hopefully, Nokta Makro going back to the drawing board on the Legend...

Say what?  Did I miss something?  Or do you and I use the term "back to the drawing board" differently?  Last I saw (from Dilek) they are implementing some tweaks/fixes that were discovered by field testers.  Maybe I read some speculation by people thousands of miles away from the action, but I try to not be drawn in by that.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Kaolin washer said:

I found more with my bounty hunter quick draw in the 70,s than my 1750.$ modern state of the art Tarsacci, its a strange thing , back then i had a crap detector but found more silver , and with the best of detectors i find, very little ,we need a detector that can see thru Iron and aluminum  to a depth of 24 "

I've heard stories from old timers that they'd go to places like Golden Gate Park in the 70's - 80's and dig 20-30 silver coins in a single day.  Probably could've used a magnet on a stick back then, but fast forward to the present and unless it's a scrape, those days are long gone.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cal_Cobra said:

I've heard stories from old timers that they'd go to places like Golden Gate Park in the 70's - 80's and dig 20-30 silver coins in a single day.  Probably could've used a magnet on a stick back then, but fast forward to the present and unless it's a scrape, those days are long gone.

Not here they're not 🙂 I've had 20+ silver days and it's very rare I coin detect and don't at least find one silver.  In fact it's abnormal if I don't find one an hour.  The joys of living in a country where metal detecting hasn't been popular in the past, although that's starting to change now.

• Like 3
  • Oh my! 2

18 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

Wow, I wish I had been detecting back in the 70's or 80's when US silver coins from the 50's and 60s were recent drops instead of being under 8 to 12" of dirt.

The ones earlier detectorists left for us...  :sad:

8 minutes ago, Cal_Cobra said:

I've heard stories from old timers that they'd go to places like Golden Gate Park in the 70's - 80's and dig 20-30 silver coins in a single day.

I don't know the age (or use) of that park, but think about it -- 50 to 100 or more years of drops with no detectorists to hunt them down.  I've found over 10 clad dimes in a day, more than once, in parks and schoolyards that may have been already detected (probably not in the last 20 years, though).  I know others here do way better than that with their clad Hoovering.  And I don't live in a big city like San Francisco.  Raphis still finds multiple silvers in an LA park that he and others have detected for decades.  I think he's related some of his stories from years gone by and I know his annual counts are astronomical compared to what I can get today.

A new latest and greatest detector to hunt today or a trip back in time to use one of those dinosaur (agility AND weight 😁) T/R's?  I know which one I'd choose.  Only problem is I'd have all of you as company.  🙄😉

47 minutes ago, phrunt said:

The Rutus Atrex would be far more popular if it had better worldwide distribution, and there are many others but they're largely forgotten about outside of Europe.

You had me feeling guilty, not giving more respect to the 'many others' you refer to.  Surely the Europeans and Brits are responsive to them.  Then, out of the blue comes this post (magazine cover photo on 5th post of page 8 of this thread, if this link doesn't go straight there) -- note the irony of the timing of the featured articles:

3 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

It would be easy at this point to make a detector that put both in one box, and simply switch between the two methods to cross check a target. The only issue really would be making a decent coil for the process, but it would not be hard. I’m surprised no manufacturer has bothered implementing this in a decent form yet, as I’d buy one in a heartbeat.

At White's, in exchange for getting a new engineer hire approved I agreed to make a switchable PI+VLF, other people had said it wasn't possible. The hard part is designing the TX circuit, so I did that and got it working. Then I was going to combine the SMPI and MXT circuits for the RX side, but other projects got in the way and I never got back to it. I've often thought about resurrecting it as a Geotech project because it's more of a novelty than a practical product. It's main advantage is that you can buy one detector instead of two.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, phrunt said:

I think over time the European manufacturers may take over some of the old dogs in the game in the years to come, they're innovative and really are starting to get places with very modern technology detectors.  The Rutus Atrex would be far more popular if it had better worldwide distribution, and there are many others but they're largely forgotten about outside of Europe.  Over time it just takes them to hit a few home runs and more exposure for it to take place, I guess XP is an example of a European success story that went global, I'm expecting there will be more follow in their footsteps.

People are holding out for places like First Texas to do something when the Europeans are pumping out far better detectors using new innovative technologies than First Texas have in their stable, they're just not as easy to get your hands on outside of Europe, I hope that changes.

Maybe we are barking up the wrong tree hoping First Texas, Garrett or other traditional manufacturers are going to release the next big thing, it could be a brand that we're largely unfamiliar with in our parts of the world.

......I believe that Rutus Atrex will soon become more known to several detectorists around the world ... and it will be, above all, the excellent detection properties of the detector ... as an opportunity to work in really challenging mineralized and conductive terrains.

Using Mix mode with fast-working discrimination allows me to detect very effectively..and to determine the relative size of the target in detection..and also to very quickly identify and eliminate , Small, medium  or large iron .... so I can focus more detection on my desired targets ..
  My best finds so far we have brought detectors Minelab EQUINOX 800/3 finds / .... Rutus ALTER 71 v2 / 11 finds / a Rutus ATREX / so far 2 finds / ..

ATREX has the ability to update the detector software ... in a moment there will be a new software that will bring more Multifrequency options. - I have been testing this new Multifrequency software for some time now ...

ATREX  IN TOP DIGIN.jpg

.................................................................................................................................

...... For all detectors that will be released in 2022, it will be important for them to bring improved detection properties .., possibly also improved ergonomics, as a possibility of software upgrade ...

This element is very important..because by upgrading the software, the manufacturer of the detectors can respond very well to any improvements.
 detection properties of a given detector and thus keep the detector competitive in the long term,,, in a given class of detector.

I'm one of those ... who believes that the American companies Garrett y Fisher can prove to come up with a new train detector ... they've done it before ... ,, and they can do it in the future ... - because I think they still have a good technical background .. and experience ..👍

• Like 4

As it was mentionned it here before the older i m getting the more demanding i am..........got the D2 the Tarsacci and the nox 800 in order i like the MDT then the nox then the D2.

i dug 100s of holes on the beach for the last 3 years and i dont think i want more depth or ID i just want people to loose more gold......

RR

• Like 3