Day 4 At The Beach With The Equinox

I have to say I love the Deus 2, but I'm glad I didn't sell the 600 to get it. It's still a mighty hammer in my tool box. πŸ™‚ The 10x5 combo with it is pretty hard to beat now that I've tweaked it to my preferences. Hopefully the Deus 2 will become as reliable and easy to use.

I realize none of my finds have been particularly spectacular this week, got 4 more days to score something big. πŸ˜€ There's a lot of beach out there!

• Like 2

Not using the 11" coil for the beach? The beach is one place I like the bigger coils, more for ground coverage than the little bit of depth you gain.

So you like the Nox better on the beach over the D2?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, kac said:

Not using the 11" coil for the beach? The beach is one place I like the bigger coils, more for ground coverage than the little bit of depth you gain.

So you like the Nox better on the beach over the D2?

Not really, I think the D2 may go even deeper with it's 9" round, but I have hundreds of hours on the Equinox, and only about 30 on the Deus. I'll get used to it, taking it out again tomorrow.

I do think I would have found all these things with either one here, this is like shooting fish in a barrel. Nothing nothing nothing target.

There isn't much trash at all, no mineralization, and once you get used to it you know what's what. I was able to call every pull tab but dug them anyway. Every target but the pull tabs was at max depth on the screen.

The Equinox and Deus both false on deep iron some times, that stake was over 12" down, and was giving me a faint 31. 🀬

The first one I didn't dig. 😁

• Like 1

Interesting, I would think the Nox with 11" would do better than D2 with 9". Guess your the one that could answer that.

I do pretty well with the superfly on the MK at the beach, I like the gen mode because big iron will give a bouncy signal in the salt. Depth it does pretty well probably same as a Nox does. Keep in mind I manually ground balance for salt and not a fan of beach mode on the MK.

• Like 2

Great hunt again, and a nice opal.

Good luck to you as long as you use the Nox.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kac said:

Interesting, I would think the Nox with 11" would do better than D2 with 9". Guess your the one that could answer that.

I do pretty well with the superfly on the MK at the beach, I like the gen mode because big iron will give a bouncy signal in the salt. Depth it does pretty well probably same as a Nox does. Keep in mind I manually ground balance for salt and not a fan of beach mode on the MK.

You're right about the physics of larger coils. πŸ™‚ I agree.

I'm thinking I'll never get down to PI depths, and the muscle cramps I get even now with the lighter detectors are enough to shy me from the big coils. That and the $$ and the extra space they take up.

The big winner for me with the small coils is the retrieval time, I find I don't have to use detector pinpoint, I can dig the target quick and move on. πŸ˜€ It's minimal but it helps. All my hunts on these trips are short, I rarely get to stay out more than 4 hours at a time. True a small coil doesn't cover a lot of ground at once, but the faster I can retrieve, the faster I can move on. I also don't like digging 3 foot wide or deep holes πŸ˜€

The only time wasted is with those false tones and IDs when the target ends up off center. My hope is I'll get as good with the Deus 2 and not dig as much junk. It does have salt settings πŸ€” I'm sure y'all notice when I use the Equinox my trash is reduced.

Guess I'll just take what I can get. πŸ‘

That was a deep recovery on that pendant. Shiny things always bring hope... If you are surprised by tides you should visit Alaska some day πŸ™‚Β 

strickΒ 

21 minutes ago, strick said:

That was a deep recovery on that pendant. Shiny things always bring hope... If you are surprised by tides you should visit Alaska some day πŸ™‚Β 

strickΒ 

Yeah so I've heard. πŸ˜€ There is a tide up in the northeast that's about 50 feet up St. Lawrence river way I think. (Bay of Fundy)

Where I am on the Potomac back home, the tide is a scary 1.5 feet. 😬 I'll pass on Alaska, too many bugs when it's warm, and it's not. Heck I have to drive 600 miles to see a palm tree. 🀣

• Haha 1