Having A Blast In Australia!

ya, but I'm not a fan and have only seen a couple episodes. just throwing out random, pop culture mumbo jumbo... my wife doesn't get it either course she grew up in China:smile:

Paul

I just got on here to see if you made it back. If not I was going to tell you to come home while some gold is left. It sounds like you had a great time and that is half of the trip. Finding gold and being out there with Big John is got to be the best half.

To me renting a detector would be the best way to go. Taking yours and getting there and it not working would make a grown man cry.

Glad you made it home safe without a snake hanging off your leg.

Chuck

• Like 1

ouch man, just ouch

• Like 1

Crikey, the Stud from Over the Pond does Down Under. Flogs our gold and our Shielas too!!!! No wonder the lads knackered.

• Like 4

Welcome back Paul :)  Great to see ya had a good time and got some good memories to show for it :biggrin:!

That you did a rental and gave a boost to JP is a good deal and a fine way to kill two birds with one stone, or nugget.  For short trips its one of the best plans I've seen to date for  Yanks like us ~ and I've seen and heard of some doozies of plans out in WA.  Dont know that I'll ever get the pleasure of Clermont but I know folks out that way and it gladdens me to see ya bring some of that place home with ya.

Like to address something in your thread Paul.  Transport.

You've been asked a couple of times about how to get a Zed down under, or any detector, and I can tell everyone here its not that hard unless you try to mail it ahead.  The Zed breaks down very well for one large standard luggage bag and even a short pick, some pans and a bunch of other gizmo's.  I take one large and one medium bag myself.  The bag itself should be fairly ridged with a solid back.  Pad it, put in the coil, pad that and wrap the control housing, put in the other bits and fill the bag out to just under 50lbs.  Keep the electronics box and battery *s* with you for your carry on.  Batteries should be taped over the contacts *the check counter at the airport will want to see that and usually have tape available*.  It is advisable to drain the batteries to shut off point if for no other reason than to be safe about it.  Other than that there are no drama's.  You can even split some stuff between the two bags to reduce lose due to theft or just plain loosing your bags.  Remember that most travelers insurance will not cover more than 500 dollars for bags~ another reason to carry the electronics box~ so its cheaper to buy whats lost rather than replace the whole unit.  Never lost anything myself.   There are a whole bunch of other things I take as well but this is just about the detector.

When I carried my GP and all the bits it took both bags and batteries, I used the old Pocket Rocket, I carried or bought an old Humpy *when the rocket died*.   I've both shipped back detectors, easy, and carried them back in my bags with no worries.  Probably easier to ship the detector back because I've usually a large number of rocks, bottles, and other bits that I just cant pack at the end of a trip.

• Like 1