Gold Basin Is Still Giving Up The Gold!!

2 hours ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

I sometimes wonder, if there is any loss of depth or sensitivity when getting it done?

Nope, still finding fly shite and specimens as small (if not smaller) than before  👍

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

Did you send it in yet for speaker update and software upload? 

It was my understanding that the Minelab fix for the "Internal Speaker Audio Feedback" problem was a "Hardware Upgrade".  Is there a "Software Upload" involved also? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dutchman4 said:

It was my understanding that the Minelab fix for the "Internal Speaker Audio Feedback" problem was a "Hardware Upgrade".  Is there a "Software Upload" involved also? 

I answered my own question.  My GPX 6K is currently at the USA repair center for the Internal Speaker Audio Feedback problem so I called and spoke to the repair tech regarding any software/firmware updates and he said it is currently up to date because there have been no software/firmware updates to the GPX 6000 since the production release.

I would be really interested to hear the results from those that send their 6000's in to be fixed. I do think it is going to have to be observed over several months to get a good feel of any loss of performance or gain there of. 

7 hours ago, Dutchman4 said:

I misspoke.  It's a hardware Upgrade and you are correct.

I'm curious where the idea that the 6000 fix might cause sensitivity decrease comes from? I haven't seen any evidence anywhere to indicate it might be the case, yet I keep seeing people wondering if it might and I'm not understanding why...?

The fix makes the 6000 work much, much better for anyone using the speaker in my experience. Is there a reason people think it might cause sensitivity decrease that I'm not understanding? Less noise = easier detecting/more ability to jack up sensitivity/less sensory adaptation, all of which greatly benefit a detectorist.

Those meteorites look like a bit fresher falls than the Gold Basin to me, you might have found a different fall there GoldSeeker? Worth looking closer at anyways I think. I've only ever found a couple tiny scattered meteorite fragments on that side, and I'm fairly certain they weren't Gold Basins proper but a different fall, after I showed them to a few people experienced with it and got their opinions too. DolanDave also found a fresher piece from a different fall out there that wasn't a Gold Basin proper many years back.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, jasong said:

I'm curious where the idea that the 6000 fix might cause sensitivity decrease comes from? I haven't seen any evidence anywhere to indicate it might be the case, yet I keep seeing people wondering if it might and I'm not understanding why...?

The fix makes the 6000 work much, much better for anyone using the speaker in my experience. Is there a reason people think it might cause sensitivity decrease that I'm not understanding? Less noise = easier detecting/more ability to jack up sensitivity/less sensory adaptation, all of which greatly benefit a detectorist.

As I had posted above, I misspoke.  I was under the impression there was also a Software Update.  As a dealer I should know this.  Just as Minelab knows I'm a dealer but yet never did tell us about the hard fix either.

I agree with you Jason about the speaker fix, it should actually allow us to hear deeper and smaller nuggets, both.

Crap, Now I have to send mine in and get the speaker update taken care of and then go test it and see how it stacks up to Axionother detector.  Actually, I've done enough comparing and know where each shine. They both can easily sit at the Big Boy table and are fine detectors.

• Like 2

I don't look at my 6000 as being broken with the speaker! I prefer to look at it as it is high strung! 😆🤣

Jasong, I know guys that have sent their detectors in to be fixed and some that have a particular model of the first few months of production and the same model a couple years later or more and they claim there is a difference between the sensitivity. I can't afford to take a chance on it being better than it was before sending it in. I will wait to see how everyone else on here feels about the results on theirs after sending them in. 

Since I never use the internal speaker, I won't send mine in. The fix only addresses the speaker issue, nothing else (as per ML rep). So, don't expect any "improvement" when you are using BT exclusively.

GC