The Ultimate Gold Detector

Anybody who is busy designing a gold detector is going to be keenly aware of where these detectors will be sold.  The vast majority will be sold to "artisanal miners" - the full-time gold seekers - of this world.  The vast majority of these right now are in Africa. 

In addition to what Steve said, i expect it the "ultimate" would be rugged, simple to operate, and have very low battery comsumption relative to it's power.

Here are the target customers.

image.jpeg

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Rick Kempf said:

Anybody who is busy designing a gold detector is going to be keenly aware of where these detectors will be sold.  The vast majority will be sold to "artisanal miners" - the full-time gold seekers - of this world.  The vast majority of these right now are in Africa. 

In addition to what Steve said, i expect it the "ultimate" would be rugged, simple to operate, and have very low battery comsumption relative to it's power.

image.jpeg

Yeah, the GMT hits that demo pretty squarely. I've seen a bunch of Africans using them over there because of the points you made. Maybe some of them can afford an $8k detector but I know I wouldn't spend that much on one. It's different when you do it for a living though...

I would like an Extreme version of the MXT and the TDI or even the 2 machines built in to the one box, I like the bullet proof design of the MXTs and the TDI pro, The weight does not bother me too much but I want Whites to keep making these two machine because they are Great But a Hybrid of the 2 would be an Awesome thing to have and would beat the heck out of having to carry 2 machines out in the Bush and add a volume control and Boost would be cool,

This past week I have just bought another 2 Whites coils for my MXT, As far as I see it the MXT is the standard which all other should be judged and all it needs is those extra 2 pads for the manual GB and if the 3 that are already on it were made a 3rd smaller there would be room to fit 2 more and again with a volume knob, It already has the Boost section added to the Hash marked area on the Gain control so there is no need to touch that but maybe give it a bit more power Just because,

2 machines Whites should keep and they are the MXT and the GMT but just update a few bits to ensure they keep pace with the Rookies, I would be happy with that, Like add the Boost switch the GMT has to the MXT, that 4X gain boost switch would be good.

John ,

• Like 1

On June 1, 2016 at 4:44 PM, gambler said:

you're easily pleased my friend:laugh:

OK, I'm having fun about the price, although Nokta/Makro just might surprise us one of these days...but all the other stuff at a reasonable price would be great. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Rick Kempf said:

image.jpeg

There is a huge elephant in that picture Rick. The raping of mineral resources from what should be prosperous and developed countries, to feed the continuing need for gadgets and devices of the rich countries of the world. The miners in that picture are being exploited to a horrific extent, causing untold problems in their countries. Companies like Minelab should be demanding and promoting ethical mining practices across the world, to support the local communities so that they benefit from the resources taken from their own land. But this is too big a topic for this thread.

• Like 1

Interesting you should mention it.  The phrase "Artisanal Mining" is more than just a phrase.  It reflects an understanding of the need for governments to recognize the challanges of regulating and protecting the opportunities and rights of small scale and individual indigenous prospecting and mining.  I don't know what involvment Minelab has in this effort, but At least one US detector manufacturer has been engaged with governments in Africa to raise awareness of the need for national action to protect the opportunity that exists to lift people out of poverty.

• Like 1

Processed gold?   The V3 does pretty good.  Just need the updates I posted on Findmall.

Hunting processed gold, the 22.5 freq tells me its low conductive strength and phase, the 7.5 freq shows the discrimination characteristics and the 2.5 freq shows the mass. 

This is what i posted on Findmall:

I would like the ability to ZOOM to a selected frequency's signagraph. And If I can't get the ability to 'select' the frequency that can be ZOOMed.. then I would like the ability to ZOOM to the 7.5 kHz graph. Or...When turning multigraph off, I would like the ability to select the freq that will be displayed in single graph mode. Either of these will fit my needs. I'm just suggesting options to make it easier to accomplish.

The color Spectragraph is the best thing since sliced bread. If you could add this feature it would be like putting jam on that bread.

I run my Spectragraph with one VDI number per bar and a zero threshold. Beautiful pictures. I see the VDI number stacks, and most importantly, I see the missing VDI number stacks. Foil is easy to id by the way it smears in 2.5 kHz. Tabs are easy to identify by their missing numbers in 7.5 kHz. In fact I have a new appreciation of the 7.5 to 8.5 kHz frequency range. This middle range is the fact checker for the higher and lower frequencies. I would sincerely like to be able to be able to do a quick switch to a single graph view of this range.  

Currently turning multigraph off and selecting it for the analyze screen only gives me the dominate frequency. I really need to see the 7.5 kHz graph with the additional detail provided by the single graph view.

Better if I could select the one I want to get a closer look at.
Thanks
Mike.

• Like 1