14 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

I have no idea why a pink capacitor was in this ancient field, but there are always surprises. 😀

Better call Chase to make sure his Deus 2 is working properly....

Nice report, as always, and you beat me by x2 on my "other old coin" finds today.  But I hold out hope mine are more valuable.  :laugh:  (I'll post tomorrow.)

• Haha 3

Thanks GB,

This farm is very old, 1650s or so. It was occupied well into the 1900s, not sure if it made it to the 21st century. Farmers rent the land which pays for the upkeep and taxes.

It was kinda weird being here without Chase, I'm sure he'd have laughed at the capacitor. We have only covered a small amount of this place, I'm hoping to find another hotspot or two next to season as half of the farm is in winter wheat. 

Dug a couple IHPs two days ago, didn't post them because I couldn't get a date on either. 😪 Lots of them here.

Looking forward to your post! 👍

• Like 1

You're knocking them dead there 350.The sunburst or star accouterment piece or whatever its  purpose may have been is a stellar find in my book.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Doc Bach said:

You're knocking them dead there 350.The sunburst or star accouterment piece or whatever its  purpose may have been is a stellar find in my book.

Thanks Doc! It's been a great season with a bunch of new permissions. A few of my old ones are still producing, and I'm finding a lot more silver than I ever have, even gold. A gold coin still eludes me tho. 

• Like 1

Some nice older and interesting brass fragment pieces you found there. The spoon (from the picture) looks like silver to me. What are you doing finding a Merc at a 1600's field???? 😉 Nice hunt.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, schoolofhardNox said:

Some nice older and interesting brass fragment pieces you found there. The spoon (from the picture) looks like silver to me. What are you doing finding a Merc at a 1600's field???? 😉 Nice hunt.

Haha, just filling in the blanks. Thanks! 😀

All I need now is a seated something or other, I've dug two Barbers, an SLQ, and a Washington quarter here, maybe I need a Roosevelt too. Really hoping for a Spanish coin.

I believe the spoon might be silver, if it's aluminum it should be a lot more corroded than it is. It doesn't ring like the dime, but I'll test it to find out. It's very thin.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

Thanks Doc! It's been a great season with a bunch of new permissions. A few of my old ones are still producing, and I'm finding a lot more silver than I ever have, even gold. A gold coin still eludes me tho. 

You haven't swung your coil over one yet that your detector could see.Its bound to happen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Another great hunt in the books for you, some day the city where you hunt is going to come by and ask you for their history back to put in the museum.

Good luck on your next outing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wow, great finds again, F350! Of course the coins are to die for, but that star is awesome and looks really, really old. The brass s-shaped thingy reminds me of a trigger guard on a small flintlock pistol or pepperbox. Well done again!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1