Minelab Go Find Metal Detector

• 2 weeks later...

Exactly what I was thinking. From the looks of them, the GF60 looks to be very similar to the Xterra 305. Probably a little overlap there, but the GF will be much easier to stick in a rucksack and drag around.

The GF60 will in no way come close to the XTerra 705 as it doesn't look like it will have any prospecting specific operations. Just very good and very packable general detecting machines.

Mike

Gerry's detectors already has them for sale now. The odd thing he had made a video of the 7000 before anyone had them for sale.

Chuck Anders.

• 2 months later...

Ok I have Go-Find 60.... and I can n you tell straight. This is piece of junk. This is not even true machine only toy for beginners. Why? First, quality in 1 to 6 scale is 3 maximum. Poor quality plastic elements bends each side... and if this little toy get some dirty... forget about folding this. ATX construction was briliant if you compare to Go-Find. Next, very low recovery speed... machine lost singnal very often and is almost impossible to get precision placment of target... even in pinpointing mode. This is not true static mode. You need to swing all time to pinpointing! Real nightmare. I will post video soon abou it. This is good toy machine for kids, or spare machine, backup for beach or clean park site only. Design is weak part of this machine.

I've had my GF60 since Kellyco first introduced them and I certainly wouldn't call it junk. In fact, it seems rather robust for it's size and plastic weight.  I just got back from a trip to Canada and had it in the unpressurized nose compartment of my plane at 45,000' and the outside temperature was -45 degrees centigrade. I didn't buy it to use as my main "go to" Detector.  I have 8 others to use depending on what I'm looking for and where I'm at.  It serves mainly as a backup and travel detector due to it's light weight.  Might even take it along with my XP Deus and MXT when I go to Colchester this fall.  So far I've used it in city parks and beaches and it seems to be dead on with coins.  The grandkids have been getting some good use out of it also.  For the price of $309.00 I think it's well worth it.  

• 3 weeks later...

Ok I have Go-Find 60.... and I can n you tell straight. This is piece of junk. This is not even true machine only toy for beginners. Why? First, quality in 1 to 6 scale is 3 maximum. Poor quality plastic elements bends each side... and if this little toy get some dirty... forget about folding this. ATX construction was briliant if you compare to Go-Find. Next, very low recovery speed... machine lost singnal very often and is almost impossible to get precision placment of target... even in pinpointing mode. This is not true static mode. You need to swing all time to pinpointing! Real nightmare. I will post video soon abou it. This is good toy machine for kids, or spare machine, backup for beach or clean park site only. Design is weak part of this machine.

How can you compare the Go Find range to an ATX??? I maybe would have taken you seriously if you compared the SDC 2300 to the ATX! The Go Find range is a cheaper entry level detector and was designed for newcomers who want to start metal detecting.