Escaped My Cabin

Patience in life is a virtue!  But, even I was running low.  Nice Spring days run into hot Summer day’s fast to be sitting around tinkering.  Truck was all maintenance up before the lock down, RZR with new oil and filters, it was eager to roll.  My detectors had a little dust on them, but batteries charged.  I touched base with the Crew and 6 of us loaded up and stormed the desert of Northern Nevada.  Heading to our camp spot, I noticed the desert was full of other Freedom Seekers mending their Soul for the need of the outdoors, a normal calling shared by all on this Forum.  We set up camp and hit the nearest patch to Camp, with the skunk off our backs and with the setting Sun and cold breeze we headed back for some conversation, food and libations! 🥃.   We strategized the following morning Gold Mission over the flickering  flames 🔥 of our campfire.  We decided to leave Gold to find more gold, not always the smartest move but, it was the first full day of the hunt.  We hit the dirt roads to a spot I had in mind, leaving a dust trail seen for miles.  Even the Antelope and Wild Horses wondered what the rush was about in the mornings cold temperatures.  We finally arrived to a spot, I eyeballed years ago.  We geared up and spread out amongst the hip high sage brush.  15 minutes or so, someone breaks on our Walkie Talkies, I got one as I seen a waving coil in the distance!  The hunt was on, as our seasoned crew swung our coils to the first location of color.  Another, call on the radio was from someone behind me and below in the dry wash scored a nugget!  Well long story short, we all had a great time and I found the perfect rock to name the new patch “The X Patch”. The Crew slowly departed back to their Critical Jobs and the Weather changed on me, rain and wind I tossed the towel in.  I did manage to flatten the curve of the lock down with 5 pounds lighter on the scale.  Always, good to be back home, yet can’t wait to get out for the next hunt!

LuckyLundy

D58CD24B-0C04-41C2-8EDD-E8E86F5460A1.jpeg

Congrats Lucky.  You’ve done what we all need to do...... escape from the caves, and check out our hot spots.

Kudos to you all at the X-spot

LL !!!!!

Please have the  X rock returned to the exact spot you found it. It marked the precise location of the geologic center of the earth. The magnetic poles will began shifting according to the location of the X rock so it must be returned quickly. Send me a map and the rock and I will do it for you.

I have an 'X' rock like that.  I found mine near Sawtooths but it didn't have that kind of gold around it.

Well done as you seem to always do.

Mitchel

Great gold finds and story Lucky.   It sure was a nice surprise seeing you and your crew in the great big desert.   Until the next adventure, take care

Brian. 

Very well done that 'Xcellent '

Mitch,

I’m so happy, your learning what rocks are associated to a gold region!  Your spot on!

Brian,

Always a small World to run into Folks you know out in a vast desert!  There’s gold out there, just have to spend the time 👀ing  and swinging!  Come hunt with us next time!

Rick