Equinox 800 For Gold? How Stupid....

As some of you know, I am a metal detector dealer (so half the stuff I say must be salesman-shit?) who enjoys the hobby and actually gets out in the field much more than the average guy or dealer for that matter.  I also am very hard core when it comes to detecting and feel my detector knowledge, skills and tools used are the best I can get my hands on.  I sell all the major brands and have been for 20+ yrs., so I am not really bias as to what is the best brand.  Yes some of you will say I lean towards Minelab, but only for the models of detectors I feel will give me the advantage and edge.  I want to go home with treasure and since my Field Staff Experts are some of the best hunters in the US, I better be on my A game all the time.  I need to make sure I'm holding my own with those wizbangs and so brand, model and price is not a factor to me.  I like to compare detectors on undug signals and see for myself what the results bring.  I also listen to and rely quite a bit to my staff and their experiences as well all hunt different sites, locations and styles.  But on some trips we do manage to get a few of us together and that is where the work starts as we pull out our detectors and see who has the best setup for a signal.  After doing this numerous times over a weekend, we learn pretty good/fast which detectors are the Winners and the ones we'll be sure to not be swinging.  I'm not going to say there are Losers as I enjoy certain traits of each.  I've tested for most major brands and so far, have yet to find the ultimate gold detector.  In fact, I get so tuned and focused, I don't think the ultimate unit will ever get built and be in my hands.  I'm too damn picky and want perfection.  

Where am I going with this.  Sorry, the Equinox for Gold?  As most of you know, the NOX is a multi purpose detector that is capable of many styles of hunts including gold nuggets.  Here is where the issue lay.  It is classified by most to be a Multi Purpose detector and as it has been in 45+ yrs past of my own MD'ing career, a multi purpose detector is capable, but not as good as a genuine gold detector.  OK, I know what so many think and feel as this has been the history of Multi Purpose detectors.  Well since gold detectors are my specialty, and there are at least 10 models out there, I can say for certain how a detector performs for my areas as I have actually used them?  

I'm here to tell you the KNOWLEDGE that we have learned while in the field with a NOX chasing gold in 5 different states.  If you don't agree with me and feel your trusty VLF dinosaur is doing you fine..I personally have no issues with that.  

Please don't think I don't like other VLF gold detectors, as I mentioned above, there are certain things I do like and or prefer vs the NOX, but overall and at this time..the 800 NOX it out of the park.

Here are some pics of Au my customers and I, that are in the know have recovered with the Multi Purpose NOX.

I'd like to see out there who is actually using the Equinox 800 and or even 600 for that matter for Gold Prospecting and some of your Success with it.

15SKOREQ2B.jpg

15SKNVEQ1B.jpg

15IDTM2b.jpg

15IDTM1d.jpg

15IDTM1c.jpg

15SKOREQ2C.jpg

20191124_080219.jpg

20191124_080312.jpg

20191124_080448.jpg

BBTrav0919B.jpg

BBTrav0919E.jpg

BBTrav08191.jpg

BillGWife.jpg

LunksEQ61.jpg

LunksEQ62.jpg

RonW61.jpg

RonW62.jpg

TravBBAug2.jpg

TravBBAug4.jpg

1stNugA.jpg

1stNugF.jpg

1stNugKk.jpg

16E879E5-3F14-4A38-9775-F4712E8841DF.thumb.jpeg.795a9baaaab69ab0d0b6da3558aea98e.jpeg

143F726F-5651-4A57-B2BF-292F3A175309.thumb.jpeg.52e613ea8d30c14a77bb0a49ab63608e.jpeg

20191124_113101.jpg

BB092019C.jpg

20191124_121724.jpg

BBSept19A.jpg

Too good!

Thank you.

Part of the reason I made this post.. Uneducated folks calling me and wanting to get a certain gold machine.  No worries, I'll sell it to you, but when you ask how I like your potential new detector?  and I tell you I don't own one anymore as I now swing the NOX...don't get pissed off at me.

Gerry, I have tried every gold prospecting specific VLF detector and a few PIs in the last five years of my detecting life where I have had the money and time to see how well they do or not. I am barely able to carry you guy's water bottles or maybe clean your boots ability wise. I have found plenty of gold however. More than that I have found two detectors that could handle every highly mineralized ground condition that I could put them on. Some of these places make some very famous VLF gold prospecting detectors that actually include "Gold" in their names, go into overload or just make me want to puke from the ridiculous sounds they make trying to handle hot rocks and severe iron mineralization. The Equinox 800 has handled all of these places with absolutely no problem. The XP ORX does a remarkably good job too for a single frequency detector.  

Thanks for posting this and for keeping it fun and real for all of us prospectors and wannabe's on this forum. Hope to meet you someday.....

Jeff

Hey amigo, some of those nuggets look vaguely familiar...😉 I especially like the sunbaker!

Thanks for sharing, love the photos.

Gerry,

Having not used the Nox 800 for gold prospecting yet, what setting do you prefer to use? I know there is a factory preset mode for prospecting, but how do you set your machine up? I recently purchased a 6" coil from a fellow forum member and my 12 year old is using the Goldmonster with the small coil and he finds "flakes" with it. It would be nice to compare them in the field.

Also interesting is how many speci nuggets you guys are finding. Do you think the PI's were missing them? The gold sandwich speci is bad ass!

Matt

Very Nice !!!!!

Thanks Gerry, very motivational for those of us that have not been at it very long, hope you keep up your hardcore swinging and sharing finds. 

ht