What Kind Of GPS Unit And Boots Do You Use?

Azavsfan

In the lower 48 I have been wearing Merrill moabs. I don't get down here to much. In AK I wear lacrosse rubber boots for everything from detecting to hunting all year.

I use an app called Trimble on my iphone for a GPS. I also use the app when hunting.

For a mere $50 bill at Wal-Mart, the Interceptor work boot is comfortable, durable, waterproof and completely metal free.

On board GPZ GPS and smart phone with Back Country Topo app.

post-401-0-90740200-1451017237_thumb.png

• Like 3

I wear Redwings and they have metal on them but it has no effect unless I step to far forward with my steps. So I keep it short and swing out a few feet in front of every step. I like them because they are solid and give great ankle support when hiking up and down hills. Plus I doubt a fang can go through them if one does strike that foot. GPS....don't use one...I have a cell phone and almost always in cell coverage area.

My Keen's are pretty good after wearing a combat boot for a few years.  If I had it to do over again I would buy the hightop.

Garmin/7000/3030

Gotta get a pair of those sandals! Good laugh, thanks!

Lunk - for a $50 dollar bill I am gonna try those. I really like the Keen boots I wear now, but this desert and boot scraping is not kind and they are not holding up at all for the price I paid.

All - I really appreciate all the info and please keep it coming. It seems like others are interested in these topics as well.

• Like 1

My feet are somewhat wider than they are long so I have a hard time finding good boots and I wear them until my bunions are showing. Been wearing Reboks this year with no complaints.

My GPS is a cheap liquid filled Silvy.

• Like 1

My feet are somewhat wider than they are long so I have a hard time finding good boots and I wear them until my bunions are showing. Been wearing Reboks this year with no complaints.

My GPS is a cheap liquid filled Silvy.

I have the same issue. Most "wide" sizes don't fit me. The Rocky S2V's in size wide fit great tho.