Norvics New Troopy Setup

Norvic

Basically was a matter of transferring gear, cleaning up with new carpet covering and installing in new Toyota Troop Carrier from the old 1986 Troopy, "Back to the Future" project. No photos of old Troopy setup as took very few photos back in those days. Of interest perhaps old 86 Troopy cost 50 ozs new, was very basic, leaf springs front and back and a diesel motor that couldn`t pull your hat off but will go forever. New Troopy cost 35ozs has coils on front, A/C, Navi Screen, electric windows, locking front and rear diffs, electric winch, V8 diesel that`l pull a CAT etc etc. but fortunately the body is still the same thus everything fitted, holes were in same place.  Solar charges 2x125A/hr AGMs, which powers all including a 2000W Inverter for this coffee snob, nothing beats an Expresso as one waits for the sun to come up. 

Separate Fridge and Freezer accessible from sliding side windows, I camp on a stretcher with a swag and awning sides for when cold or wet. Have a small 11ft off-road caravan but rarely use as is too much trouble getting it into our rugged NQ OZ. I think the below photos tell the story.

20210204_110352.thumb.jpg.b021d45bb985b2d47e38badd67488295.jpg20210205_072434.thumb.jpg.7f1b5f635224eb31e09f983754c226d0.jpg20210205_065721.thumb.jpg.608f15a2c57b89b383b90e77b269a805.jpg20210204_084547.thumb.jpg.2553323f3f6c10b3523bd8c43c01b3a1.jpg

Wow, that's a great looking set-up. Nice job! Can't wait to hear how it works in the field.

Have fun!

I so much enjoy seeing other prospectors rigs and you guys in Australia take some serious thoughts into it.  That is one fine looking home on wheels and I can see you took some serious time to think out each detail.

Best of luck with it this year.

Thanks for sharing...

PS.  I'll trade you a few GPX-6000's.

Gerry, send us a 6000 pronto and you`ve a deal...........😉 I`ll be out there somewhere for you to collect.................

You got everything just right and then put the steering wheel on the wrong side!

Kidding, that rig looks very well planned out and built. It's satisfying to look at since everything fits in it's place and no space is wasted.

2 hours ago, Norvic said:

Gerry, send us a 6000 pronto and you`ve a deal...........😉 I`ll be out there somewhere for you to collect.................

When Minelab had their Worldwide Conference (last yrs was cancelled, someone coughed), I was scheduled to go for 3 weeks.  I'm actually planning on doing 4 weeks this trip as I want to spend a couple weeks in the bush again.  I love roo-jerkey, big scrambled eggs and chasing Au of all types.  I'll also do a week of beach/water hunting and hope to meet up with the lady water hunter Jean.

I hope some of you DP members can all come over and show us Yanks how to run a metal detector.  My last trip to Kalgoorlie was only good for about 3 ounces with half of it being a nice speci.

The 1st pic - I learned what fly specs were.

DSCN1738.JPG

DSCN1753.JPG

gerry1b.jpg

DSCN1533.JPG

Aust3.JPG

Aust1.JPG

3 minutes ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

I'm actually planning on doing 4 weeks this trip as I want to spend a couple weeks in the bush again.

Any idea when and where? 

BTW, I'll be a stowaway inside Gerry's suitcase.😎