A Real Gold Digger!

To all thanks for your comments!

Robin and I, went to to see Star Wars yesterday! Driving home on Hwy 65 North of Lincoln, I see this car 1/4 a head of us veer off the road and a giant splash of water. Robin, calls 911 and I unload my pockets. I and another Military fellow hop the fence poised for action. This pond was dry this Summer and the vehicle seemed it was not going down any further than just above the floor boards. Our view was obstructed by the side curtain air bags, but the on lookers on the bridge said they can see a lady moving around. Then we saw her start to panic and a big bubble of air came up from the front end of the vehicle. It was going down, I grabbed a big cobble from the embankment and headed in, with my other Military Veteran. We got to the vehicle and yelled at the Gal to unlock the back door. She was under so much stress she couldn't function to unlock the back seat door, since the front door where now past the window level with water. I was pounding on the back driver seat window with the big rock and I couldn't bust it! I thought since I was on the deeper side of the vehicle, I'd pass the rock to my fellow rescuer on the other side. He gave it a couple hard knocks, when a CHP Officer swam up with his metal baton and busted it out. As he cleared the glass from the window, I noticed she had a knife in her hand. We calmed her down and I grabbed the knife, as the Officer and Military Partner pulled her from the window. The car was now basically sunk to the roof level as we made our way back to shore. Robin, had readied all her stolen Airline Blankets out to wrap the young lady with to help warm her, as the Lincoln FD arrived. She, seemed fine with no cuts or broken bones, just a small case of hypothermia and shock of her car accident. Hero, NO, but my feet took hours to warm up...lol The "Force was with us all"

LuckyLundy

Yes, you are a hero Rick, albeit a modest one; risking your life to save another is pretty much the definition of the word. Super job you guys!

Level-headed and smart responses by both of you and the others.

It's going to be a nice New Year's celebration for that woman.

Nice work guys.

I haven't been that way In 10 years or more. Saw all the commotion and red lights so I drove on past without gawking. Would never have thought Mr. and Mrs.LL would be there to save day. It wasn't a good day for swimming.

Klunker,

No kidding! Yep, you never know who's out swimming in a cold duck pond this time of year...lol. Well I ended the year with a skunk and Robin, got her last dink of the year today. I'll try my luck next year, lol

Rick

Wow!  Very eventful couple of days.

WTG Robin.

That girl sounds very Lucky.