Define For Me "sunbaker"

This was my best sunbaker from 2012.  It has 1.5 ounces of gold with a total weight of 3.5 ounces.

image.thumb.png.3ae6e69d9ed3b5b0914f07db87c4bf89.png

2 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

This was my best sunbaker from 2012.  It has 1.5 ounces of gold with a total weight of 3.5 ounces

Stunning!! Mojave desert?

Mohave Desert

MoHave is in Arizona

If I found one like that, I'd not call it a Sun Baker, but would call it a unique "Block Buster Find" as you have the rock it's still stuck in, as is.  Please leave it like it is, as this adds character, mystery and potential value to a collector.

Thanks for taking the time to catch it as discovered with your pics and being able to leave it as is.

Sometimes a find is best left the way you 1st realized it.

Thanks for sharing an extra ordinary find.

25 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

MoHave is in Arizona

mmmmm....you mean Mojave desert but the part that is in AZ? Or Mohave County, AZ?

This was in a wash.  This was as I first saw it.  I was in a new area and it was only my 5th or 6th nugget I think, under 10 anyway.  I heard it with my 5000 and I think the 8" coil.  I looked down and I can remember what I said to myself.

"I think I know what that is!"

I was without a camera at the time and didn't know my directions back to my car and I was afraid I would never find it again so I carefully lifted it out of the wash, went back to my car and got a camera and after more than half an hour I returned to the spot where I found it.  I neatly replaced it where I found it and took several pictures.  This was the only picture that was not blurry.

I was hunting for meteorites at the time.  It was the 10th anniversary of the Franconia Meteorite find.  I didn't know exactly where to look for them and I found this.  We looked for more meteorites in that area and more gold but could find neither.  I still have never found a meteorite on the south side of the freeway.

About a year and a half later after thinking about this nugget find for that long period of time I went back with a plan for gold on a Thanksgiving day and found my 20.5/8 ozt Goose Egg Nugget.