Beach Hunt - That's All She Wrote

And so it ends for my little silver spot.  😭 Went out yesterday hoping the rain would hold out long enough to see what I could still pull out of that spot. Rain came in a bit early, but long enough to let me know that the rest of the goodies are still out of range. A bit lazy this morning, so no pictures of the iron or other non ferrous. Still, a lot of coins came to light, but the Memorials outranked the Wheats by a lot. That usually means less silver, and that was the case. Did manage a very degraded Indian Head, and a 1925 Buffalo, and 3 Canadian cents. Silver was way down from what was flowing from the previous hunts. I'm pretty much done there, and taking the next week off from beach hunting. It was great while it lasted and I appreciated the generosity that the beach gave me. Beaches can be stubborn sometimes, but very generous at other times. It all balances out in the end. Great to get out and do what I love to do.  Maybe next week a relic hunt?????

P3180221.JPG

P3180222.JPG

Great way to look at it! You worked hard and it produced very nicely! And it will again when it opens up! 

Now comes the cleaning and research of your finds! Not necessarily the most fun, but part of the hunt! 

Nice work, and I'm sure the gold will eventually make an appearance at that site!👍👍

I looks like a lot of fun at that spot while it lasted.  I love that nickel that is about 1/2 size from erosion in the pic above... but you can still clearly see the Monticello!  Thanks for posting your hunts!!  ~Tim.

2 hours ago, Joe D. said:

Great way to look at it! You worked hard and it produced very nicely! And it will again when it opens up! 

Now comes the cleaning and research of your finds! Not necessarily the most fun, but part of the hunt! 

Nice work, and I'm sure the gold will eventually make an appearance at that site!👍👍

Thanks, Joe. It makes you feel like a kid again. I couldn't wait to get back there every week. The drive is what killed me. As for cleaning them........🤔 I'll leave that for the next of kin 😄

1 hour ago, Tiftaaft said:

I looks like a lot of fun at that spot while it lasted.  I love that nickel that is about 1/2 size from erosion in the pic above... but you can still clearly see the Monticello!  Thanks for posting your hunts!!  ~Tim.

Thanks Tim, It always amazes me that a coin can be struck so hard that the image remains, even if the coin is paper thin. The ocean can really dismantle coins when they are trapped in certain areas.

13 minutes ago, rvpopeye said:

That place didn't beat you up too bad , I'd think about still checking it every once in a while.

(When you get your gpz 11000 , you can go see what's there down to 36")🤫

I'm fairly resilient 😄 It's a 4 hour round trip, so I think I need to befriend someone that lives next door to the beach, so they can report conditions to me. I'm thinking maybe that GPX 6000 would do the trick??? But how would anyone know, since everything is top secret and information only trickles out on what it can and can not do. By the time the GPX 11000 comes out you will not even be able to speak it's name.....shhhh  (Top, Top Secret). 🤣

1 hour ago, rvpopeye said:

Guess I must already be in trouble ?? 

(I'll gladly let them "bribe" me to shut up about the 11000 tuesday , for a 6000 today !)

The 6000 exists only on paper 😄

1 hour ago, Tom_in_CA said:

Good show.  I never get tired of seeing those charcoal grey-ish-black silver coin disks in my sand-basket   😜

Now we're relying on you Tom to show us some of them silvers. 👍  I'm out of the game for a bit until I can find another good  location. NO pressure 😉 It is a good feeling when you see one come to light though. Then you know you are in the right place!

On 3/19/2021 at 9:18 AM, schoolofhardNox said:

Great to get out and do what I love to do. 

Amen to that! Come on summer.

22 hours ago, schoolofhardNox said:

I'm fairly resilient 😄 It's a 4 hour round trip, \

Now that is Love for sure!