Went out to 2 different beaches for a mix of GPX and AQ hunting. Tony repaired my headphones for the AQ and also made me a spare set , along with 2 short cables, so I could zip tie the short cable to the machine, and so I would not break the M8 connector. The short cable also converts the M8 to an M12, a more robust connector going to the headphones. So, for the first AQ hunt in a while, I chose my “spot” to see if I could find any low conductors where the GPX had previously run the 18” DD coil. I did not find any coins in that area, but did find little bits of melted copper and lead. So, I ventured out a bit and found the silver Washington quarter,Mercury dime and all the rest of the other coins.  I Later met up with a forum member - Jim in ma, at one of his spots. Thanks for the invite up there. 👍 I used the GPX to see if I could replicate the depth and coin count that I have had previously at my silver beach. This beach was smaller in the dry sand area, but the EMI was considerably less. The sand structure was different too, as I did not hit a clay layer or any of the other layers I was used to. But the principle was the same, and I did score a decent number of coins including the Mercury,  silver war nickel & .925 ring. All in all, it was a fun time out.

P4020224.JPG

P4020221.JPG

P4020223.JPG

Looks like a fun time! Nice saves on the Silver! Love finding it........

I'm guessing, did Jim get a chance with the AQ? I have to apologize to him, I was suppose to send him some settings...

15 minutes ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Looks like a fun time! Nice saves on the Silver! Love finding it........

I'm guessing, did Jim get a chance with the AQ? I have to apologize to him, I was suppose to send him some settings...

Thanks Joe. Yep you won't be getting a Christmas card from Jim this year 😄 He was fine. I showed him the basics (since that's all I know🤔), but since he has a lot of water experience and PI experience, he made whatever adjustments he needed. He was nice enough to give the AQ a full dunk for about 3 or 4 hours, so it finally hit some water instead of the land hunting it was used to. I wanted to try my GPX at a different setting  and his beach was a great choice. But I bet that water was COLDDDDDDDDD 🥶

Wow that GPX is incredible. Even your "junk" is cool. Nice shootout!

THANK YOU SHN for letting me get my feet wet with the AQ.

The part I had the most trouble with was pinpointing a shallow target once I got the target out of the hole,

being chest deep and digging in running sand I dont have the time to check each scoop, I dig and dump piles next to each other so when I go back to check witch pile the target is in I can now judge by the strength of the signal witch scoop pile it should be in.

Missing in the pic is a silver wave ring that has already been claimed.

Joe you have helped many others including myself keep it up, Thank You

aq1.jpg

38 minutes ago, Jim in ma said:

THANK YOU SHN for letting me get my feet wet with the AQ.

The part I had the most trouble with was pinpointing a shallow target once I got the target out of the hole,

being chest deep and digging in running sand I dont have the time to check each scoop, I dig and dump piles next to each other so when I go back to check witch pile the target is in I can now judge by the strength of the signal witch scoop pile it should be in.

Missing in the pic is a silver wave ring that has already been claimed.

Joe you have helped many others including myself keep it up, Thank You

aq1.jpg

Thank you for letting me pillage your site 😄 I think, if I had not forgotten to mention to you how sensitive the edge of the AQ was, it would have made finding the target out of hole easier. Most people that I read about have problems finding the target location while still in the hole. The fact that you got the targets out shows your PI & water experience. I told you not to show anybody your finds... there goes another silver ring 😆 That Buffalo cleaned up really nice! I think you did well just getting your hands on a new machine.

4 minutes ago, tvr said:

Titling it and using the edge of the coil helps a lot with that.

Yep, that was the part I forgot to mention to him 😄 The Devil is in the details!

1 hour ago, F350Platinum said:

Wow that GPX is incredible. Even your "junk" is cool. Nice shootout!

Thanks. it is a really good beach machine when you find your beaches settings. You're in VA and it is a great relic machine for your iron rich dirt as well. Many relic hunters have found a lot of deep Civil War relics with the GPX. I can live with losing some of my machines, but not the GPX.