When It Chains It Fours

Yesterday I went on a detect and didn't get much until a little area on the beach where I found a chain.  It didn't have a definitive sound but it looked like it could be silver (it's not).  This made me check the area more thoroughly as I had nothing else going.  I came up with another chain which is a bit of odd construction.  This one would be a bracelet.  And then as I was exiting this little area I got yet another chain but this one is rusting quickly.  

IMG_20210416_212926_793.thumb.jpg.f89e03be371f18664c40587ad3f71a20.jpg

IMG_20210416_213154_526.thumb.jpg.2549ae8d59b402dc49a426a02a071071.jpg

This is chain #2

During the mile back to the car I thought about how the ocean can be very fickle.  No coins around these chains but 3 of them.  I wanted a 4th because the rhyme and title to this post was already stuck in my brain.  It didn't happen.  I got the cheap ring instead of a chain.

Today I was going to detect with the 800 headphones again as a result of a purchase from a forum member.  I was glad to confirm to him that while they were sitting on his shelf uncharged they charged for me and also paired.  Great.  I was now on another beach but it was also sparse pickings.  No coins to speak of and I got to one area where someone left their grid marks so I skipped that.  When I headed in the other direction on a mid-line I got a small tone.  When I lifted my scoop up I could see the balled up chain and I knew this one was silver.  My 'line' was rescued and now I could post the title.

IMG_20210416_213355_202.thumb.jpg.f9fe9ec37a5fb0085c3fea7d8e336fff.jpg

This is chain #4.  It is only 1.6g/.925.

Searching the slope proved unproductive so I headed away from the beach to a dig out and found the costume ring which I think is old style but of no value.  That was my beach hunting.

IMG_20210416_213248_687.thumb.jpg.6265fa4c37e35691eb43fda20a3868cf.jpg

The old costume ring.

Later in the afternoon, I took my son to the park and one of the nannies said she needed my help.  They normally give me help and advice so I wanted to know what I could do.  She said she had lost her ring in the sand.  The sunscreen had loosened the ring she bought in Peru that was 18k with some little diamonds.  I had my detector in the car so I tried to find her ring.  She didn't have a good idea where it came off so it was unsuccessful.

While I was looking for her ring after she left I did find the 1.1 g/14k ring with a heart shaped amethyst!  I don't find many rings in parks because I don't hunt them often.  This should probably change.  It is just good to get out.

IMG_20210416_213050_723.thumb.jpg.652978232e411f6bce1d68b3662b2df0.jpg

IMG_20210416_212907_336.jpg

Loved the story and the items that you found. Great pictures are always a plus in my book just to keep the story alive in the mind.

Good luck on the next hunt.

Excellent title and great story. 😀 Hope you got contact info, you'll probably find that ring.

Wonder if those sunglasses were lost or just left... 🤔

Those showy glasses have been in the surf a bit so they were 'lost' at some point.  The lenses are quite scratched.

Great finds!  When our beaches have some good erosion, we usually get chains, and gold rings. You were smart to go back to a chain area and see if there are more. That 14K ring is gorgeous.

On 4/17/2021 at 8:18 AM, schoolofhardNox said:

Great finds!  When our beaches have some good erosion, we usually get chains, and gold rings. You were smart to go back to a chain area and see if there are more. That 14K ring is gorgeous.

I can usually tell chain time by what I am digging. Getting keys, key chains and other large oddball targets........it is time to pay attention! 

Thank you.  They are working great.