Some Old History...And A Nugget

I've been hitting a couple old relic spots lately. One of the better finds I wanted to share with you all. I had never heard of the "California Midwinter International Exposition" till I found this Medallion a couple weeks ago. Turns out it was the Worlds fair in 1894.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_Midwinter_International_Exposition_of_1894

The area I was hunting was an old town on the delta......the traces of which have been erased by mother nature and man long ago.  The tokens and watch fob were found in a couple other spots  that time has been more kindly too.  Finally since this a prospectors website....I wanted to show off the beautiful Gold Pendant that I had Steve "aka El Dorado" make for Lisa. It was from a nugget I found up in the high country this past Summer. Thanks for looking.

strick

post-351-0-49163400-1453751275_thumb.jpg

post-351-0-76429800-1453751307_thumb.jpg

post-351-0-36486400-1453751326_thumb.jpg

post-351-0-48722900-1453751384_thumb.jpg

cool stuff. I had el dorado make some stuff for me too. very satisfied.

I heard rumor that Strick was seen consulting with a renown seafaring gentleman. Is he contemplation a detecting trip to a foreign land?

Yes the rumor is true. If there's one thing I learned from 10 years of college it's to always place yourself in the middle of people who are smarter then you. Something might rub off. The seafaring gentleman gave me a lesson on how to tame my XP Deus...and he found better stuff then I did....So I was right lol

Awesome finds Strick, and a lovely pendant for Lisa; El Dorado is a mighty fine goldsmith.

That is just great.  Very fine stuff you got there.

WTG

How cool is that, nice finds..