I'm visiting family and went to a middle school track today where I found a 14k tiger pendant last year. Within the first 10 minutes there was a strong 11 on the Equinox. I didn't really have to dig because the ring was only down about 1/2" due to not sinking into the ground because the blacktop track was under the grass right at the edge of the inside lane. Didn't find much else besides coins after that. Might anyone have an idea what the stones might be? 

IMG_20210609_164924.jpg

IMG_20210609_164911.jpg

IMG_20210609_164907.jpg

IMG_20210609_164832.jpg

IMG_20210609_164802.jpg

IMG_20210609_143952.jpg

Are those onyx? Nice looking ring. I believe 10k is common with thinner rings as it is more durable.

3 hours ago, kac said:

Are those onyx?

That is also my guess, I have seen several onyx rings like that.

Great hunting, and good luck on your next outing.

Nice ring what ever the stones are...curious about the settings you prefer for the Nox...I like to hunt jewelry as well 

strick

There is a "Trebor" company that makes rings in IL. That's Robert spelled backward.

The ones I have seen are mostly sapphires,  including black sapphire. 

3 hours ago, strick said:

Nice ring what ever the stones are...curious about the settings you prefer for the Nox...I like to hunt jewelry as well 

strick

I like to hunt ball fields if possible or schools (location, location, location). Generally there are fewer pulltabs than at a park. Because of fewer targets, there is a greater chance that the 13-15 numbers will be a gold ring. I have noticed that most of the women's rings I found have been in the 9-12 range with unwaivering numbers. When I get a strong signal in that range I get excited! Men's bands have been between 15-19 for me.

As far as the Nox goes, I almost exclusively use the 15" coil. Is it nose-heavy? Yes! Does it cover a ton of ground and find good stuff? Yes! I have found far more gold in the turf with the 15" vs the 11" because that is what I use. I stick with Park 1, all metal, 50 tones, recovery at 7 so I can hear everything in the ground. I adjust sensitivity as needed, but I usually drop down to 17 in the mild FL Sandy soil so I don't have to dig really deep. The reason for that is because I can cover more area if I'm not digging a foot down. If I'm searching for silver coins, I lower the recovery speed to 5 and increase sensitivity.