Ok ok I know, the last time I posted that I found a half cent, it turned out that it was a V NicKLE.

But yesterday I found an 1852 half cent, except it is a Canadian coin. What's really interesting is that I got out of my car, walked 30 feet, put the coil to the ground, and bang, there it was. This is a rugged hilly and full of trees 1000 acre park. The odds huh!IMG_20211023_055912263.thumb.jpg.696d7fe604e73a89ddfc3b9207b083b7.jpgIMG_20211023_055824963.thumb.jpg.5caa5d721a2a1df7ca93f7bd2d1c3aa5.jpg

Canadian Bank token. Nice token!!! I love finding those. Great shape too. Funny, placing your coil down and finding something good occasionally happens to me when I hunted old cellar holes too.  You walk into a site, swing your coil and get a great hit right off the bat. It definitely sets the mood for that hunt. Someone probably thought that signal was clad and moved on. 😄

Great coin! They only minted 1.5 million of them, it's not very rare but cool to find.

Interesting stuff about them here:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coinage_of_Upper_Canada

If it is struck in medallic alignment it was Royal mint, if in coin alignment it was Heaton mint. Which do you have?

Nice find, so now go out and get a real American 1/2 cent coin.

Just kidding, good luck on your next outing.

I have found hundreds of Australian half-penny (called a ha'penny) but they were still in circulation when I got my car licence back in 1966, but I did get an English 1866 Farthing (¼ penny) so I know your excitement. Great find. 

22 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

Nice find, so now go out and get a real American 1/2 cent coin.

Just kidding, good luck on your next outing.

That's on my bucket list, along with a silver dollar and a gold coin. Hee hee, the last two are on everyone's bucket list..

1 hour ago, relic ray said:

That's on my bucket list, along with a silver dollar and a gold coin.

Same here, but this year I have not had to many chances to get out there to do any detecting.

Good luck on your next hunt.

You did good finding the token.