Impulse AQ Find Of The Day...

I took the Impulse AQ out yesterday to hit some areas of the beach with a negative tide.  Although I didn't uncover any deep old gold, I did uncover this silver ring in the third scoop down.  (maybe it was that deep or maybe my pinpoint was off)  There are no hallmarks but it has the correct patina for a silver ring that had been in the saltwater a long time.  I tested it with 18K acid and it turned the line blue.  I also fired up my Equinox 800 and it hit loud and proud at 38.  The ring is size 13 1/4 and weighs 33.1 grams.  It has a Tortoise shell type inlays around it.  This the second "big boy" silver ring that I have found with the Impulse this year.  But this one is by far the biggest by weight.  This is another reason that I love metal detecting, getting to share "unusual" finds with others.  I would gladly hand this one back to its owner if confronted.  LOL   Enjoy the pics and HH!!!  Joe

IMG_0902.jpg

IMG_0901.jpg

IMG_0900.jpg

IMG_0899.jpg

Now that's a ring! Nice find. 👍

Awesome find. That's just short of a full troy oz of .999 silver

Great find, but isn't it a napkin ring?

Looks to big to be a mans ring to me, just wondering because I have seen something similar at Bed Bath & Beyond before.

Did Andre the Giant used to hang out at that beach?  Reminds me of a napkin ring (probably too small for that) or a neckerchief ring.  Regardless it's a honker and a nice trophy find.  38 dTID on an Equinox -- wow!

Great find, but isn't it a napkin ring?

Looks to big to be a mans ring to me, just wondering because I have seen something similar at Bed Bath & Beyond before.

Here is another ring (size 13 1/4 also) that I found earlier this year.  This one is just a bit thicker.   I had a friend that suggested a napkin ring before I posted here and I am not ruling that out but from the ones I googled, I don't think so and even though I have found some STRANGE things on the beach, who would have silver napkin rings on a beach?  But you never know!!!

IMG_0904.jpg