Rye Patch Deep Freeze Hunt!

Having moved to Northern Nevada, I’ve gotten use to a chilly Winter temperatures.  I will say, I enjoy the Chill vs Heat any day!  This year we had the wettest December ever in Reno and then January the driest on record.  About mid January a Buddy dropped me a message to hit a spot he just had some luck at in the Rye Patch area.  Thinking I’m a smart prospector Robin and I, scheduled new floors to be installed that week, plus Robin’s Birthday is at the end of January!  Well the floors look great in the House and 4 days to celebrate Robin’s Birthday left me the last day in January to make the hunt happen.  I arrived to our hunting area at a Balmy 41 degrees at 10 Am.  Met up with prospecting Buddy Larry and he showed me the spot of his 7 nugget patch.  He pointed to a spot 1/4 mile away that he got 3 nuggets at late last year.  That’s all the info I need and started the grind to establish a patch or run of nuggets to a new patch.  Didn’t take long as we both scored color.  We ended the first day with some nice nuggets with Larry scoring a 2.8 dwt’er.  Next morning at 19 degrees we hit it again. I scored 4 more and Larry got 2 more nuggets before we called it with no glory patch at both ends of the 1/4 mile run of nuggets.  It’s a large area and we’ve found gold close by.  So this hunt will continue…but there are so many other spots to find gold at!  Until the next Hunt.

LuckyLundy 

F7B0C915-94CB-418C-AC19-466542201EE6.jpeg

56985636-89B4-4EDA-A7FE-FC334A3FD4A7.jpeg

10 minutes ago, flakmagnet said:

good

We’ve hunted some of the same Cold Windy spots down in the Dale District! It’s the hunt against what Mother Nature tosses at you to keep you treasures safe!  Your a Hearty Sole to fight the elements for a rattle in the poke!

Very nice looking nuggets for sure.  Bearing the cold chill is rough until you dig a nice piece of heavy yellow metal.  You warms up real quick like when those are rattling in the ol bottle.  Well done.

Well done on the gold, I'd rather detect in the cold than the heat any day, you can put more clothes on, you've only got so many you can take off before you might get arrested. 🙂

27 minutes ago, phrunt said:

on, you've only got so many you can take off before you might get arrested. 🙂

Not in these parts of Nevada!  They say there’s a Naked Gal behind every tree there.  Problem is, there’s no Trees 😂

Nice gold.  Congrats.  I'd rather be hot than cold I guess that's where I live where I do.   

4 minutes ago, LuckyLundy said:

Not in these parts of Nevada!  They say there’s a Naked Gal behind every tree there.  Problem is, there’s no Trees 😂

Sounds like someone should be planting trees.  LOL

Nice hunting, what were you using to find them?

As others have stated, you can wear extra clothes to stay warm, or you can just carry a little moonshine to warm you up.

Good luck on your next hunt.

But it’s no fun when your water bottles freeze solid and you have to sleep with them to get a drink!

Nice finds!