How Do You Store Your Carrots?

Recently I've lost my XP Mi-4 pinpointer, I took it away with me on holiday at Christmas and never ended up using it, now I can't find it for the life of me.  I searched for hours yesterday going through everywhere I thought it might be.  I've ripped my house apart looking for it so I can only assume I left it somewhere when I was away. 

So if anyone has seen a Mi-4 roaming the streets looking disheveled and homeless please contact me so I can try and make contact.

863057157_XPmissing.thumb.jpg.85751c85588e505af5ec33ec5f821d50.jpg

Now, this prompted me to do something about it so I don't create anymore stays, in the hours I spent looking for my XP pinpointer I managed to find most of my other pinpointers that I don't often use, my main ones that I had within easy access were my Carrot AT (Favourite) and it's spare in case it dies, my F-Pulse and my TRX.  The rest rarely if at all get used for anything and they were just purchases while I migrated my way up the food chain to the one I liked the most, the Carrot AT.

In at attempt to remain more organised I've slapped together a Carrot holder, now I don't need to keep them hidden away in a drawer somewhere where anyone who opens the drawer may think I have a stash of various colours of adult toys.

I'm no carpenter, in fact I'm useless at such endeavors but If I put my mind to something I can usually get there in the end.  I just used scraps of wood I found around home and a lick of paint and it worked out OK, I'm never losing my Carrots again.  I made a few extra spaces, one for the missing Mi-4 and another for the next new great Pin Pointer that's highly sensitive to small gold some manufacturer is going to release for me.   In the mean time I'll fill one of the holes with my other TRX which I gave to my daughter as a toy as it's not very sensitive for some reason, it has some weird fault, I'll ask her if she wants to store it in my rack if she hasn't lost it or thrown it out when she gets home from school.

I added a little bit on the side to store batteries as I'm always looking for them too 🙂

IMG_20220215_092103.thumb.jpg.6f800c83152057b1f916fbef11225141.jpg

I just used a hole saw to cut the holes the right size to mount the Carrots, the F-Pulse being a more odd shape needed a slightly bigger hole and I put that little metal plate under there to support it's odd shape.

IMG_20220215_093038.thumb.jpg.d990b6c0cdd02bfd990e0ac8cc3d7096.jpg

IMG_20220215_093048.jpg.efc0668cddcd1cda744df346b38d01b8.jpg

Does the trick, no longer will I have to tear my house apart looking for missing Carrots.

The design looks good, and it clearly works. Simple but effective.  I think I'd have gone for some loops in a material strip at say 45degrees, and hung from a coat hanger - or some such - but that's just me.

I am worried about those PP3 battery terminals though. Flat enough to have something fall across, they go from cold to hot very quickly. I once had one melt through my fleece coat pocket when it shorted across a stray coin. Just a thought. 

Maybe I should put the batteries in upside down 🙂 They're sunken down below the surface height of the wood around them.   I could make a little lid with a hinge to hide the batteries, I might do that later today.

Your idea sounds good too, but I'd have less luck being able to do sewing than nailing some wood together!

That's brilliant, Simon, well done!

And in a pinch that could also hold someone's adult toys... I mean... if they had such a thing... 😏

I store my 9V batteries in a Storacell holder: https://www.amazon.com/Storacell-Powerpax-SlimLine-Battery-Batteries/dp/B004YG7MKM/ref=sr_1_13?crid=ND6SAORBV8LW&keywords=9v+battery+holder&qid=1644891177&sprefix=9v+battery+holder%2Caps%2C78&sr=8-13

No worries about short circuits (especially when you insert the 9V batteries upside down, unlike in that pic).

Phrunt, you store (for long periods) your pinpointers WITHOUT batteries in them, right?

Thanks for an incredible idea!  I think maybe I'll make one and anchor it into the wall next to my metal detector rack.  Awesome!

I leave mine in the pouch holster. Now if you buy a Deus or can borrow one, can you pair it up and use the lost pointer finder they have to locate it?

I made a shelf like yours and put some small screws on the top left side to hold the 9 volt batteries. It only takes 1 screw so the battery is upside down and connected to the screw so it won't fall off.

7 hours ago, kac said:

I leave mine in the pouch holster. Now if you buy a Deus or can borrow one, can you pair it up and use the lost pointer finder they have to locate it?

I think only the MI-6 does that funky stuff... Mine was the budget model 🙂