What's Up With The 9 " Coil ?

Skull diver

3 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

but if it makes you feel better, well at least you have a platform here for getting your frustrations out.

Yes, of course....I was in need of some outing 😁and to celebrate my state of mind, I also changed my profile's picture with a really pissed puppet...

I decided to embrace my D2/11” and ready to go as I’m expecting weather to allow at least once/ week use. I don’t feel like I have to buy a second coil because I ordered the 11” coil shortly after ordering the 9” version but before getting an 11” version sooner became an option. Of course I would have preferred the other order (9” first) but I’m not stressing about it anymore. I’m just anxious to get out there and get in some swing time on the Deus II. The less I think about the 9” coil, the sooner I’ll get it. 

its a mystery as 9 coils are by far most popular in the uk ,,they sell more coils if averyone wants 9 but has to settel for 11 then buy 9 at a later date

42 minutes ago, brys said:

its a mystery as 9 coils are by far most popular in the uk ,,they sell more coils if averyone wants 9 but has to settel for 11 then buy 9 at a later date

I agree.  I’m one of the lucky ones that got a nine.  I don’t see me wanting or needing an 11” so I probably won’t buy one.  However if it was the other way around and I could only have gotten an 11, I would have bought a nine when they became available.  Shrewd marketing on XP’s part!

5x10 works great in the woods but where signals are sparse the footprint isn’t as good as the 9” even thought the elliptical is  10” in length  I’m of the opinion that the 9” is the happy medium between coverage, maneuvering, getting around obstacles .  If you’re in wide open spaces the 11” is the happy medium. 

• 4 weeks later...

I got my Deus 2 with 9” coil. Apparently the last shipment had lots of them. I’m impressed with the depth it gets for its size. I think I’ll skip the 11” coil altogether and when I go for something larger it will be the 13”. 9 and 13 seem a good combo. 

I'll be getting one with the 9" Wednesday. I'd have it now but the shop is closed Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. 🥳

2 hours ago, ☠ Cipher said:

when I go for something larger it will be the 13”. 9 and 13 seem a good combo. 

You will really want to explore alternative stem and shaft options because the 11x13 coil weight will flex the lower shaft even for shorter extensions.  Never been a fan of earlier iterations of that coil (the weight and price premium over the 11 with limited improved depth performance as its a an 11x13 elliptical not 13” round) but it might be just the ticket for maximizing high conductor (HC) depth for the D2 which is proving to be an HC depth monster in milder dirt and obviously gives good swing coverage.

I ordered mine with the 9” coil and received the D2 a few days ago. I’m very happy with the 9” coil for the D2.

The charging clip however is made a little different from earlier versions.

The bendable yoke that connects the two half’s of the clip together is placed too close to its maximum bend limit making it very difficult to put on the coil for charging.

I do believe my D1 charger will fit just fine though. The charger from the D1 has the same rating as the new one that came with the D2.