Dropped Confederate? Found A Circle Earthworks In Montana(not Montana) For Sure Earthworks Fort Guarding Railroad Bridge!

1 hour ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Very cool finds! The Minie Balls are most likely Union and the smaller bullet is probably a much more modern brass jacketed .45 Auto round. The spikes are interesting too, given the description of the round fortification protecting the bridge, it was likely a gun emplacement for a small artillery piece. Good Hunting!

Also I will return to said fort structure and do some more investigations maybe some pictorals

1 hour ago, Commonwealthdetector said:

They only made two rings? Only used 2 rings? Union,reb I really dont mind which because they're mine forever bahaha! Lol I just didnt realize this only 2 ring thing if true across the board!?

2 ring bullets are Gardner bullets. 👍

https://www.historynet.com/haste-makes-waste

1 minute ago, F350Platinum said:

2 ring bullets are Gardner bullets. 👍

https://www.historynet.com/haste-makes-waste

Never have found a gardner! I'm on the hunt until victory is achieved!

Nice finds!  I’ve only found one CW era bullet.  Just wasn’t much CW activity around here in Western NC.  You’re right about those faint whispers on the d2.  Much better audio modulation than the nox.  

7 minutes ago, NCtoad said:

Nice finds!  I’ve only found one CW era bullet.  Just wasn’t much CW activity around here in Western NC.  You’re right about those faint whispers on the d2.  Much better audio modulation than the nox.  

For sure my first run 8/9" quarter and minie ball testing the signal was faint to the point I wasnt sure at all and nox banging it! Up 1 audio response is big helpful imo if your a pwm guy! Square isnt for me instantly chopped it out of everything but it may not need adjusted! Very happy with it now though, I cant really explain how I felt first swings but I had big doubt! Possibly disgusted just didnt understand the huge audio modulation,its second to none from my experience! 

Rev war action in western nc!? I'm lucky to travel far as getting in the thick cw action! Not alot where I live exactly but Cumberland gap is 20miles so maybe one would consider that (whr i live). In my county specifically biggest unit 1500 cav, william edmundson "grumble" jones and his boys ran around a few months just not any concrete written details the few there are my county doesnt have records from then. Scouring war of the rebellion I have figured out alot in many places that you cant google maps because they dont exist.get in thoss books (google books) for free you may be surprised at how close some units may have been! If your toward tn or va then your not far from some kinda cw action I bet! 

Dug some more today I'll get pics in this thread shortly

2 minutes ago, Commonwealthdetector said:

For sure my first run 8/9" quarter and minie ball testing the signal was faint to the point I wasnt sure at all and nox banging it! Up 1 audio response is big helpful imo if your a pwm guy! Square isnt for me instantly chopped it out of everything but it may not need adjusted! Very happy with it now though, I cant really explain how I felt first swings but I had big doubt! Possibly disgusted just didnt understand the huge audio modulation,its second to none from my experience! 

Rev war action in western nc!? I'm lucky to travel far as getting in the thick cw action! Not alot where I live exactly but Cumberland gap is 20miles so maybe one would consider that (whr i live). In my county specifically biggest unit 1500 cav, william edmundson "grumble" jones and his boys ran around a few months just not any concrete written details the few there are my county doesnt have records from then. Scouring war of the rebellion I have figured out alot in many places that you cant google maps because they dont exist.get in thoss books (google books) for free you may be surprised at how close some units may have been! If your toward tn or va then your not far from some kinda cw action I bet! 

Dug some more today I'll get pics in this thread shortly

I don’t care for the square tones either.  Still got my nox for that!   Lol.  I really like those squeaky pwm full tones though.  Really makes a good target stand out!

Todays haul,the cut bullets or bullet is sweet! Took pics of "fort" from upper side cant tell how tall the outer/lower walls are but 3 or 4' interior and head high to 6' me on outer perimeter.

16498152805464516552445713092064.jpg

20220412_195418.jpg

20220412_195411.jpg

20220412_195415.jpg

Great photos. Very helpful to get an idea of what the site is like. Looks like plenty of swinging room.

1 hour ago, Badger-NH said:

Great photos. Very helpful to get an idea of what the site is like. Looks like plenty of swinging room.

Wish I would have taken better photos, I was digging the lead otw to re finding fort thingy majig so almost dark had to scramble to find it! So many signals, before my earthworks scramble I dug maybe 2 nail holes(btw if this machine doesn't give solid repeatable it's not a good target,that accounts for us making it hit with wiggle! If I've wiggled for repeats its damn iron 100%) I'm sure their will be situations like edge of detection but in heavy iron you can take it to the bank or that's what I'm seeing! After my scramble wiggled away my time chasing the glorious nail! Lol 

I'll  have more to come maybe right here,should I keep same sight on this thread!? 

Thanks fellas, I'm loving it!