Some Decent Finds

I hit the wet sand for 4 1/2 hours with the Excal today hoping to find some goodies during low tide. Targets were few and far between but I did manage a couple dozen coins and about half that number pieces of jewelry although most of it was the cheap stuff. Exceptions were 2 silver religious medals and a silver ring but the find of the day was an eyeball find.

As I was nearing the end of the hunt I spied a pair of sunglasses in the surf under a few inches of water. They had the "Ray Ban" logo on the lens but I know that there are fakes out there. When I got home I took a closer look at the sunglasses and I could see that they were of good quality. Not only that but I couldn't find any scratches or blemishes whatsoever. No doubt the most pristine pair of sunglasses I have ever found. I will be putting these babies to good use!

IMG_20220705_104238.jpg

Nice hunt. A lot of keepers and hopefully not a lot of junk! Them glasses cost a pretty penny!

I was actually looking for an "eyeball👁" find on your paper towel display!! Darn!😵👍👍

14 minutes ago, schoolofhardNox said:

Nice hunt. A lot of keepers and hopefully not a lot of junk! Them glasses cost a pretty penny!

Thanks! It would have been nice to break my gold slump but, yes, those Ray Bans retail for over $200 so it was like finding a good sized gold band. Surprisingly, I only found a minimal amount of trash today!

21 minutes ago, jim tn said:

Nice hunt! Those Ray Bans definitely make a special one. HH jim tn

Thanks Jim! I'm so glad that these were not buried - I'm sure that I would have damaged them with my scoop!

That is a good hunt after so long with nothing.  I'm in a gold slump too and have been watching for the right moments but when I get out there just aren't the patches I would like to see.

Most all of the beach hunters I know are a bit starved for the good stuff.

Nice hunt George! Congrats on the silver & Ray Bans!

I got stuck with Jury Duty today and missed out on all the fun ☹

13 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

That is a good hunt after so long with nothing.  I'm in a gold slump too and have been watching for the right moments but when I get out there just aren't the patches I would like to see.

Most all of the beach hunters I know are a bit starved for the good stuff.

Thanks Mitchel, It's somewhat reassuring to hear that I'm not the only one. Our beaches seem ready for some erosion action soon.

3 hours ago, Compass said:

I hit the wet sand for 4 1/2 hours with the Excal today hoping to find some goodies during low tide. Targets were few and far between but I did manage a couple dozen coins and about half that number pieces of jewelry although most of it was the cheap stuff. Exceptions were 2 silver religious medals and a silver ring but the find of the day was an eyeball find.

As I was nearing the end of the hunt I spied a pair of sunglasses in the surf under a few inches of water. They had the "Ray Ban" logo on the lens but I know that there are fakes out there. When I got home I took a closer look at the sunglasses and I could see that they were of good quality. Not only that but I couldn't find any scratches or blemishes whatsoever. No doubt the most pristine pair of sunglasses I have ever found. I will be putting these babies to good use!

IMG_20220705_104238.jpg

Nice digs!!! Gold can't be far away!