I was down in Rye Patch 10/22-10/26 and am slow to post. 
First day I got there early afternoon and swung the 6k for a couple of hours. Pulled up a very tiny piece a couple of inches deep. 

Second day I hit the ground at first day light and pounded a spot where I have had luck in the past hard to no avail.  Around 11 am a couple of other trucks came close to me and started detecting and I figured I would move on, as I was getting frustrated with my lack of success over the last 3.5 hours anyway. After meandering down some roads for a while, I ran into @NorCal . We had a nice conversation for a while and he was kind enough to give me some history of the area we were in and some past success he had there. Once we were done chatting and he packed up and left, I had the pleasure of detecting in a hail storm and wind. Skunked for the day, cold, wet and not in the best of spirits, I called it a day. 
Day 3, after sleeping in my truck with a 20 something degree night, I hit the ground running again. Once again hitting areas where I had success before, I was yet again skunked for the morning and frustrated with 30 mph gusts. I decided to go back to the random area I found the small piece at the first day, and warm up on the drive. First good choice I made all trip! I was able to pull 4 sub gram pieces out of the ground, all were 6-10 inches deep except one at 2”. 
Final full day, wind still howling. I fought my way through the day and pulled up 7 more pieces. 
I did hit the ground for about two hours the morning I left, but to no avail. All in all 12 pieces for a whopping weight of 1.6 grams! Pretty sure I spent more just heating my truck at night to stay warm, or more in beer, not to mention the 7.5 hour drive each way. But that wasn’t really the point. For me it was just getting out and swinging my machine, this is the first time in a year because of everything I have had going on in my life. I was ready to sell the damn thing after getting skunked for a day and a half, but it really is some tough hunting. 
Met @Arkyon my way out of the area and headed home happy and ready to get back out again soon!

31C6A82F-E299-4C59-B10B-AE15E641D9C3.thumb.jpeg.66d272a7e5562bd076329e5345472593.jpegB77ACE94-673E-4BC7-A4D0-3DC37FE627F3.thumb.jpeg.bfc789096e37c19e7ab8cecf1baf79c9.jpeg

Great hunt for you except getting skunked on one day.

Wish you more luck on your next hunt and stay safe out there.

Sevastras it was great to meet you. Thanks for stopping by our camp. You only left one tiny nugget behind for us to find! Our hunt was slow as well, but at least we found a few over the course of several fairly relaxed days. The weather did improve for us.  20221029_162909.thumb.jpg.e67f425fe7b1d4911321aa5c6cc6caf0.jpg

18 minutes ago, Arky said:

Sevastras it was great to meet you. Thanks for stopping by our camp. You only left one tiny nugget behind for us to find! Our hunt was slow as well, but at least we found a few over the course of several fairly relaxed days. The weather did improve for us.  20221029_162909.thumb.jpg.e67f425fe7b1d4911321aa5c6cc6caf0.jpg

You two earned those! Best of luck down south

Good on ya buddy, well done! You're a glutton for punishment and too bad you couldn't make the Wy trip in July/Aug, it was a lot warmer, even at 8000 ft! 😄

Sevastras, well done! You have had solid success on this trip to Rye Patch. My last trip to Rye Patch was in similar cold, windy with rainy conditions sleeping in the back of my Jeep. I only got two sub-grammars but felt great. No skunk. I totally agree with you …… just being out in beautiful country swinging the detector is one of the best feelings in the world!

Hey, I know for a fact how hard Rye Patch has been detected.  You find any nuggets with a detector and you're certainly doing better than most.  Well earned. 

Funny how I was there the following week.  Ran into Lundy and a couple older customers who had saved a few dinks as well.