My New Nokta Legend Scores 3/4oz

Calmark

Well, I just got my Nokta Legend with extra 6in. coil 3 days ago.  Today I hit a small park and started around an outdoor basketball court with the aim to find some jewelry.  Day 3 detecting with the new machine turned out to be the charm! :biggrin:

So far I have about 15 hours coin-shooting and looking for jewelry in parks and sports fields with the Legend, and I have to say it handles my highly-mineralized soil quite well with its SMF capabilities.  Thankfully with my experience running 2 other SMF detectors the past few years, watching videos and reading the manual last week, I think I've gotten a solid handle of how to set up this machine.  It might take a newcomer much longer to get to where I am, but the Legend is easy to use and even in the default modes and settings would work great for a less-experienced detectorist.

Ring #1 was about 6ft. in the grass behind one of the basketball hoops.  I thought a VDI# of 51 would mean it was a quarter, but imagine my surprise when this heavy, initialed with a "K" pinky ring turned up.  I kid you not, it weighs exactly 1/2 oz. of sterling silver at 15.55 grams on the scale!   Five minutes later, I knew I had another silver ring when I saw 6ft. over a VDI# of 55.  I'd never seen an ID# that high in my previous outings, but being so close to a honker ring, it had to be another...and it was.  A nicely styled, large man's ring.  Its not a whopper like the other, but a respectable 7.23 grams.  

I attribute these two finds to 3 things, location, location, and the 6in. coil on the Legend that gave me the courage to dive into this zone heavy with trash, lol.  

In my short time out with the Legend, I'm really enjoying it a lot.  Its a ton of fun to swing with the "dinky" coil, has great sensitivity to low conductors and works great in a variety of situations like in parks, fields, tot lots.   Other detectors I've owned have struggled in my hot dirt, but the Legend handles it decently for the time being.  Someday I still hope for technology that tames my dirt, but this newer crop of detectors with SMF are opening things up some.  You still have to swing over the treasure though, and I'm glad I was able to get over these two beauties.  

IMG_20221123_131949_01.jpg

20221123_100531.jpg

20221123_100318.jpg

20221123_095834.jpg

Excellent!

great recovery

• The title was changed to My New Nokta Legend Scores 3/4oz

Nice finds, Calmark.  Or are you Kalmark now with that new ring?

I plugged in a coin program I found on youtube into my new Legend that sounded decent but the weather here in the Dallas area has been too cold and wet (mostly wet) for me to get out with it beyond my yard.

22 minutes ago, PSPR said:

Nice finds, Calmark.  Or are you Kalmark now with that new ring?

I plugged in a coin program I found on youtube into my new Legend that sounded decent but the weather here in the Dallas area has been too cold and wet (mostly wet) for me to get out with it beyond my yard.

The ring initial stands for "calmarK" I think. :biggrin:

I hope you get a break in the weather so you can get in some hunting time with the Legend soon.