Beach Detecting After Hernia Surgery

mn90403..... whatever you do, don’t catch a cold or the flu. You do not want to have to cough, at all. Heavy coughing can even cause a hernia, so imagine the stress to a fresh incision there.

I've had a couple of sneezes and that is not fun!  haha

4 hours ago, dirtman said:

it would cause me more pain than it was worth to attend to it.

My doctor saw a second small umbilical hernia that I had never felt.  He told me just what you were told.  If it is not a bother, then let that one go.  I think it good advice for me for now.

By the time I had my procedure I wasn't really feeling any pain.  I had been walking all over the hills getting nuggets just a couple of days before the procedure.  It was just suggested I do it while in the best of health rather than something go wrong with it.

I had asked my surgeon who does many of these each year about the mesh and he said it was better to repair with the incision and mesh rather than arthroscopically.  I'll see him for the follow up on Monday.

Before I had the procedure done I asked another prospecting friend about hernias and he said he had one 'redone' and 6 years later he could still feel it.  That doctor told him it was scar tissue and not the mesh that was the problem.

On 6/8/2023 at 9:43 AM, mn90403 said:

I've had a couple of sneezes and that is not fun!  haha

I can sneeze now with little pain so I'm doing pretty good for 10 days later.

2 hours ago, mn90403 said:

I can sneeze now with little pain so I'm doing pretty good for 10 days later.

You still need to take it easy for as long as you can or things might go south on you.

Take your time and let your body heal properly before getting back to detecting or any lifting.

The only 3 things I can suggest to pick up at this point is your dinner fork, your coffee, and the last thing is a cold one from the fridge, but have someone else open the fridge for you.

Good luck and pray that you have a complete recovery.

Nah.... trust me MN life`s too short to wrap yourself in cotton wool or stress yourself with what ifs, your body knows its new limits, "soak in it", life that is.😉