Pretty Little Gold Nugget

Very pretty chunk of gold!  Easier on the eyes then a Grill that's for sure!  Take 20 photos and one may turn out the way you like.. ...Thanks for sharing Steve.

strick

A beautiful nugget Steve and your macro photography skills are impressive.

I have been to the Tucson Gem and Mineral Show the last two years. Jeff Scovil (http://scovilphotography.com/ ) who is arguably the best mineral and gem photographer gives a multi-day macro-photography class at the Hotel Tucson City Center. The classes are small and get good reviews.

11 hours ago, kiwijw said:

Nice pretty little piece Steve. How deep & was it with the 7000?

Good luck out there

JW :)

Steve got it at 4ft 3" with the new 19" coil :biggrin: 

Always good to see folks finding gold! Something extra cool when the detectorprospectormaster S.H. scores some purdy yella :biggrin:! Sweet chunk too! That center fanning/arcing, flat, "matrix" plane... The shiny part in the first pic, is a spectacular display of a magical metal! 

2 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

It was found with a GPZ 7000 at about 8". Nice little signal, just like all the bullets and broken square nails I dug for two days prior to finding it.

Hard work pays off!

JW, if what they say is true about NZ soils generally being of low mineralisation, the Zed in Normal and High Yield would do some serious damage on your old haunts. If you were any closer I'd loan you mine for a weekend :rolleyes: