First Gold Nugget Finds With The AlgoForce E1500

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

unless of course they are the sorts that just have to have another new toy to play with. There are a few of us like that. :smile:

This statement could be the start of a totally different topic:

Why do you find comfort in the above statement by Steve H.?

A) You find comfort with others of your kind.

B) A feeling of belonging.

C) Just basic pack Instinct.

D) Not grounds for a divorce. +

E) All of the above.*

* This comment is not meant to distract from a very important topic regarding the Algoforce E1500 but merely to lay the ground work for future justification(s). No self-incriminating replies are required.

+ This may apply only in the State of Virginia as cited in case law (G. Kinsey vs The Mrs).

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, HardPack said:

Why do you find comfort in the above statement by Steve H.?

What does this post even mean?
All your "questions" are essentially the same and engender a similar response.
Trying to understand your intent here.
Why post a comment like this? 

3 hours ago, flakmagnet said:

What does this post even mean?

Some of us may be headed down the road of a future purchase and may be in need of group support and encouragement. 

Allow me to expand. From the videos posted by other forum members we have gained some valuable information other than just the price point. The Algoforce E1500 is collapsible, ergonomic, light weight, menu driven, wide coil selection,coil caliberating, battery options, handles EMI, frequency scan, four detection modes, cancels out hot rocks, consistent conductivity ID on 22 caliber brass, detects shallow small gold, the control unit is not waterproof, allows for a waterproof coil selection. Other forum members may be interested in performance on a salt water beach with fine jewelry, larger gold at depth or coins/relics at depth. Some members may be reaching the tipping point in regards of a future purchase and may be looking to justify the purchase of another metal detector. Justifying both to themselves and an uninvested third party. Logic may not come into play. Hopes this put us back on the E1500 track.

• Like 1

Thanks for the report. XP may be onto something with the wireless coils if PI's get even more sensitive and the coil cable turns into a problem with more powerful detectors. Of course then I guess, that voids the convenience of using standard, older coils for free or cheap, so maybe not a great idea. I wonder what the feasibility would be of a tiny transmitter on the coil and a receiver on the detector, then cutting the cable to make a coil wireless. Course then we are back to X Coil thing where people don't want to cut a cable. Ah well, ignore my ramblings thinking out loud, sounds like it's just a minor problem anyways just when setting the detector down and not while swinging it as long as the cable is fairly secure? Unless you get into heavy bushes/vegetation anyways?

I have that same problem you seem to have with blood, for me with cactus spines. I stuck myself a few times where it made me almost pass out and vomit, while I'm sitting there with Leatherman pliers trying to pull them out of me. No fun. Minute I see my own blood I get faint and want to puke. 

The solution to the coil cable thing is not using Velcro straps and using plastic clips, they hold the cable in place, the straps let it move around the shaft and go wherever it wants, the clips lock it in place so you can align it best to keep it away from the coil as good as possible.  I have some somewhere, I will find them and use them in the future, when I put the Sadie on I put it on really sloppy as I was only intending to use it a short time then swap to the Coiltek 6" Mono for a try, I never got that chance.

These are the clips I mean, not sure the best place to buy them but this dealer has them.  I think they're pretty essential when going to very small spiral coils on the Algoforce.

GPX-Cable-Clip-Bag.jpg

• Like 2

I'm not sure what the green rocks are, they're a type of schist and common around here, they're not the worst hot rock, it's a basalt rock that's just impossible for anything to deal with, the green ones are just an annoyance that different detectors struggle with to various degrees.  I think at this stage the 6000 handles hot rocks worse than the Algoforce, earlier GPX and GPZ, maybe due to its sensitivity being wound right up, as you can see in the video, I was using an extremely sensitive 10" full spiral coil on the Algoforce.

I'm unsure if JW will get one, he did like it and was impressed how stable it ran, he had a quick turn with it and the 10" Spiral but it comes down to need, does he need one with his selection of X-coils on his GPZ and his 6000 with a good range of coils, probably not at this stage.  

It's filled a hole Minelab intentionally left empty in the market, a lower priced high-performance PI loaded with cool features, and the reason they left this area with no detectors is it would be very hard for them to justify the GPX 6000 and GPZ price if they had a detector like this in their line up at this price, they'd have to halve the prices of the other units and really I think that's about where their prices should be, hopefully this detector causes a correction in the market.  Now it's seeing what Fisher, Nokta, Minelab and anyone else do in the future, it's really hard to justify $9000 on a GPX 6000 and especially a Garrett Axiom at the Aussie pricing when you can buy an Algoforce for $2275 AUD then a coil which is cheap for it and a cheap USB battery bank, about $2500 AUD and you're good to go.  Slap on a Low latency aptX  transmitter, I think mine was $30 when I got it and you can use any LL headphones.  It really is a good value setup that's not left that far behind the GPX 6000.  It's a great time for people to get into prospecting with a PI now there is a really good unit for a very reasonable price.    Only serious hard-core detectorists that do a lot of gold prospecting can really justify it, weekend warriors and casual gold hunters could get away with an Algoforce pretty easily and be happy.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, phrunt said:

I'm not sure what the green rocks

The green color may be from chlorite in the schist. The rock type is found adjacent to the lode deposits here with some pyrites; also serpentine, basalts plus magnetite (Fe3O4) & hematite the area.

It would be interesting to see the E1500 in “normal mode” on mineralized ground cancel out hot rocks.  Nice machine, they really are covering the bases.

Found this reference “…some highly metamorphosed schist containing graphite (carbon), some pyrite, some chalcopyrite…”. Graphite is conductive (11 TID on the Legend).

• Like 1

Rob sells the clips here in the USA. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, HardPack said:

The green color may be from chlorite in the schist.

Yes, that is my bet too.

@Phrunt. I have used those plastic clips & lost many as well. When the coil cable gets hooked on a small branch or something when detecting in among bushes they tend to flick off never to be found again. The fact you say you have them laying around somewhere kind of tells me you don't/haven't used them. Maybe for the same reason. I just stick the velcro on the shaft with a bit of silicon & no more moving around the shaft.

Thanks for your reports. Always nice to see hear unbiased reports. Myself having a 6000 & 10x5 coil I am pretty sure I wont be tempted with this new one. Not overly a tiny gold hunter, there is a difference between tiny & small, but when I do target bed rock for fly poop gold I have a few VLFs that are more than equal to the job & the 6000 does good enough for me. The 11" coil is surprisingly good for general detecting too in our mild conditions.

Hope you have recovered from your drunkenness. You obviously got home alright. How far did you have to drive?

D4G 

• Like 1