Minelab Manticore On Sale

1 hour ago, Jeff McClendon said:

After owning and loving 5 Equinox 600/800s, I thought I just couldn't survive without one.

Now I own the Legend and Manticore. I simply do not miss my Equinox 600/800s at all. I don't even think about buying another Equinox or have the slightest bit of seller's remorse.

The Legend and Manticore easily out perform the Equinox 600/800 where I detect the most and I don't have to worry about leaking and build quality either.

Nice to hear a no holds barred no regrets testimonial. :smile:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Dug D said:

I bet sales would be better if they managed an improved update, I assume now, there is not one coming. ☹️

I agree I my opinion that what hurts Minelab one and done one the updates. Look how many they did for dues,also there warranty 

Hey..maybe they are planning a firmware update  to improve the 900 which would affect the Manticore sales..or maybe not  lol

I budgeted for a new Detector this year and was waiting to see what the Garrett Storm might be all about.  With $500 off and a 15% Veteran discount I jumped on a new Manticore today.  I then got to wondering if Minelab has made a "pre-emptive" strike against Garrett and the upcoming Storm with offering the Manticore at such a great price.  Time will tell I guess.  In the meantime I now have one Detector for each day of the week 🙂 Sure glad the wife enjoys detecting as much as I do.  

7 hours ago, walkerrj said:

I budgeted for a new Detector this year and was waiting to see what the Garrett Storm might be all about.  With $500 off and a 15% Veteran discount I jumped on a new Manticore today. 

I can imagine you were their target market with this sale, they want to take the shine off the competitor before it even comes out, that's the problem with announcing something that's not ready.

XP did something simialr to Nokta too, Nokta were hyping their Legend up for a very long time before it came out, XP came out of nowhere and released their Deus 2 leading the pack.

3 hours ago, dsb said:

I just came out of detector hibernation 12 hours ago, dam you Minelab😆

They got me out of hibernation a year ago January with the Manticore. But it cost me $1600, so you're getting off cheap. 😆

Some of you guys are talking about another update for the manticore. All of last year I operated the manticore with the original software.  A month ago I updated to the current update. The update is working well for me.  The machine handles nails so much better.  My old coin finds in the iron  have definitely increased.  I like the new features in this update. I'm curious what some of you guys would like in a future update?

I would like more coil sizes to choose from.

22 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Nice to hear a no holds barred no regrets testimonial. :smile:

I am just scratching the surface as far as learning the Manticore, especially as far as how to work with the upper and lower ferrous limits and what the 2D screen is capable of. Since January 2024, I am at 34 US silver coins, 8 silver rings and 3 gold rings. All were found in public parks that I thought were on the verge of being hunted out by me and others using the Equinox 600/800 and were at least 7” deep in tough iron mineralized dirt.

58 minutes ago, Jeff McClendon said:

I am just scratching the surface as far as learning the Manticore, especially as far as how to work with the upper and lower ferrous limits and what the 2D screen is capable of. Since January 2024, I am at 34 US silver coins, 8 silver rings and 3 gold rings. All were found in public parks that I thought were on the verge of being hunted out by me and others using the Equinox 600/800 and were at least 7” deep in tough iron mineralized dirt.

Thanks Jeff. To be honest I’ve been needing some inspiration and motivation, and your post helps provide just that! :smile:

steve-herschbach-minelab-manticore-5x8-search-coil.jpg