First Nuggets!

Attended Gerry's class this weekend and did not go home empty handed.  Found my first two nuggets!  A .42 and a .25 gram.  Using my Manticore and the M8.  Dime is for size reference only.  Happy as could be!

thumbnail_IMG_1545.jpg.dabd9dbd5208ddd11ebd36d11101df8c.jpg

- Dave

Excellent work - you must be a good student and you had an outstanding teacher.

Awesome Dave, a game changer for sure, now you will have all the confidence and be able to go back and do it yourself.  

It's always a pleasure to see a student unearth their first gold; congrats again, Dave.

Sounds like the class was well worth it!  Ditto what Simon (phrunt) said about confidence -- that's one of the things (and most important, IMO) the class gave me.  Well done by the teachers and the student.

Those are pretty good size for a well hunted area.  Did you find them in the burn barrel vicinity or did you have access to some other spots? 

Manticore+M8 are getting more tantalizing as a small native gold finding system.

16 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

Did you find them in the burn barrel vicinity or did you have access to some other spots? 

If I'm remembering what I learned in class correctly, this is where I'm supposed to say I found them down in the lake :laugh:.

- Dave

It was a good training and good company.  It was a pleasure getting to get acquainted with you UT Dave and everyone else that attended.  Had a blast myself.  I would recommend this for anyone that wants to learn about this hobby, or even people that have a good foundation and want more specialized training.   

Wasn't my first nugget but I managed to scare this one out of the ground, I mean middle of the lake....

-3281628153861266195.jpg

And, for fun and being real.  Just some of the non-gold tiny bits I dug.  I was keeping them for the first day and a half.  

thumbnail_IMG_1546.jpg.ff11c852221cc061902ca98557e9ba67.jpg

Gerry told us how Lunk got his nickname.  If they had been giving out nicknames for this class mine would have been Junk.  I'm pretty sure I dug more tiny trash than anyone else by a pretty wide margin.  That actually gave me confidence though.

One of Gerry's staff members, Eli, helped me a lot with discerning targets from the ground.  As I was getting a LOT of ground signals that were the same as a nugget signal.  This junk really upped my confidence in believing I could tell a real target from the ground.

And those three little bits of wire towards the right side, those were all three under the coil at the same time as my first nugget.  And that felt pretty darn good to suss that out.

- Dave

You were obviously paying attention! Well done. Fighting trash and ground noise and still scoring nugget is great.