Eq800 Prospecting Mode For Relic Hunting?

Cal_Cobra

Now that the Prospecting Mode supports multi mode, wondering how it will work for relic hunting in heavy iron?

Can't wait to test one of these and do some head to head testing between the EQ800 and the Makro Multi Kruzer at my iron infested relic sites :wink:

Guest Tnsharpshooter
32 minutes ago, Cal_Cobra said:

Now that the Prospecting Mode supports multi mode, wondering how it will work for relic hunting in heavy iron?

Can't wait to test one of these and do some head to head testing between the EQ800 and the Makro Multi Kruzer at my iron infested relic sites :wink:

I will be interested also.  When the prospecting mode was designated multi freq, seems this iron bias setting materialized too.  Related ?  Meaning key setting for performance.

Ill be playing with the beach modes as well.   They are fine in and around the water....... but most of us know if theres a salt setting there is a reduction to finding smaller gold.   Since we cant turn off the salt setting ill be trying to find a better way to get those smaller pieces..... going to be a butting pushing fool for awhile.

Gold Mode is extremely high gain, extremely sparky. From my perspective as a prospector Gold Mode is for finding sub grain gold. Yet you do have a great deal of control, including notch discrimination. Like many things Equinox there really is no equivalent in other detector’s so people are going to have to experiment and find what it can and can’t do. I hate to admit it but between weather, time constraints, and on going software tweaking my ability to fully learn the ins and outs of Equinox is not much ahead of anyone else’s in some regards. It is only now that the software is locked down that I can truly learn anything.

I am also very interested in finding good stuff in heavy iron. I would love see a video or report on the subject. just throwing down a handful of nails and putting a dime somewhere in there would tell a lot.

One of the early rumors on the EQ claimed a tester put a dime on a jeep door hinge and it was detected. Cant wait to try that one. Got the jeep and dime just need the EQ.

My only wonder with gold mode for relics is this. Unless I missed something this machine is designed to handle mineralized ground and iron better because of multi iq. Reading the manual the modes are set for targets and trash conditions etc. Field 1 and 2 seem likely to me as the best starting point for relics in those conditions. I say this because if each mode is set by a parameter and algorithms for those targets gold mode is set for super small gold so it may not hit has hard on other larger relics. I maybe way off but that is may take on the modes and how they work also sensitivity and other settings shift slightly with each mode so it maybe user profile set up based on the location your in and soil and type of targets that drives the starting point and adjustments.

Ironically I'm on a little road trip right now field testing another vendors machine at some of my better "hunted out" relic sites.

I was really hoping to have the EQ800 in hand by now so that I could do some side-by-side comparisons for relic hunting in heavy iron, sea of nails, and around that rusty tin that drives every machine I've ever used in my life crazy.  

I don't know whoever coined the phrase "Patience is a virtue" because I'm not seeing it :rolleyes:

The site is patient and will still be hunted out, if not more, when the 800 shows up.  I am sure you will make it back there with the 800 at some point and tell us whether it found stuff the Kruzer missed.  Can't  wait. 

I have a CW site like that a couple hours away.  My friend has been hitting it for years.  The Deus really opened it up in the past year but it really takes some patience due to ration can trash.  We were just there pondering how the 800 would do there.  We will find out at some point after it shows up and post some comparative information.

Think of it as yet another opportunity to hit the site again and metal detect.  Isn't that what we do?