GPZ 7000 40% More Depth - Really?

goldbrick

Steve, it maybe just the photo of the GPZ 7000 but it appear to me that not only is the battery bigger, but it seems that the housing is longer than the CTX 3030's housing, what do you think?

minelab-ctx-3030.jpg

post-1-0-34114600-1422584644.jpg

Chris, your more than right the SDC 2300 finds gold and Robin & I have a fat poke of nuggets to prove it.

Merton, you can swing my 2300 on your next visit and just maybe the 7000 too! 40% deeper? All I need is 10% deeper!

Steve, wieght and ergonomics needs to be improved, my poor shoulder wants it. Not the current generation, maybe the next?

LuckyLundy

Hey Steve, or Johnathan Porter,

I noticed on the ad for the GPZ 7000 on minersden, 2 people commented. One was Johnathan, and the other was someone named Steve in the USA, is it you Steve Herschbach? OR does anyone know who this Steve in the USA that is testing the GPZ 7000 out?  Are they on the forums?

thanks,

Dave

post-336-0-53614500-1422671034_thumb.jpg

Good catch Skip, I did not see that, but the GPZ housing does look longer in the photos at least.

Rick, all we can do is keep on the manufacturers about ergonomics. The problem is so few people that work at detector companies actually go detecting. If you just heft any of the heavy machines they feel just fine. It is after 6 hours it is a different story, and throw rough terrain in there and it just gets worse. We now have so many choices in VLF detectors that there is no reason to swing a heavy VLF. Unfortunately ground balancing PI is another story, with limited options. The prize for best GBPI ergonomics so far goes to the 3.5 lb TDI SL but unfortunately the horsepower is lacking. Having used the TDI SL I can only dream of what the SDC 2300 would be like in a similar housing.

• Like 1