Equinox Golden Mask Shaft Conversion

Condor

Sky355,

Above I did the weight comparison between the standard shaft and the Golden Mask shaft.... the difference in weight was negligible... and it felt that way to me too before I weighed it. Check it out above... OOOPS maybe the previous page.

Hope this helps,

Gerry

• 2 weeks later...

My Golden Mask Telescopic rod and conversion kit came in today. I got to work on it to move everything over. While I waited for this I also had picked up the 6 inch coil for this setup. I didn't like the Golden Mask Arm sleeve. So I took off the Minelab and did some dremeling to the inside assembly to make it work on the Golden Mask. I also had to drill out a larger hole for the Arm Assembly to fit tight so it wouldn't move around. This turned out perfect. I had to use a longer screw to get it all put on the Golden Mask Telescopic Rod but it works and is solid.

I got mine with the conversion so it was easy to put the body onto the Golden Mask rod. Pictures below. Im glad I did this and really enjoy how versatile this is now.

26z-Jln-Kr-TL2-AGXJr-GKkp-Ag.jpg

3eq-DMPdi-SNm-Fb-MCOLfde1g.jpg

Ae-M23l-Q-Rb-OYslr-M5ur3-Rw.jpg

E6m2-Cv-Uz-S9au-Ky-K-v-RCw.jpg

G9-DLinx-ORLmt-QVq-YQ9anb-A.jpg

IMG-1175.jpg

IMG-1176.jpg

IMG-1177.jpg

LG4l-Reg-RFKFg8ujvh0f-Mg.jpg

Good deal. I’m glad you made it best for you. I did consider making an adapter for it (the original arm cuff) but after using it as it was, I skipped it. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

4 hours ago, gdzag said:

Good deal. I’m glad you made it best for you. I did consider making an adapter for it (the original arm cuff) but after using it as it was, I skipped it. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

Yep I owe you a beer. Thank you for all the assistance ? 

Many thanks to EL NINO77 for making arrangements to have the proper adapter mailed to me. I replaced my homemade hose clamp setup with this 3D printer made adapter. It certainly looks better, and hits the scales at exactly 2 lbs 10 oz (2.7 lbs) or 1191 grams with the 6" coil. Thank you again EL NINO77 :smile:

8 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Many thanks to EL NINO77 for making arrangements to have the proper adapter mailed to me. I replaced my homemade hose clamp setup with this 3D printer made adapter. It certainly looks better, and hits the scales at exactly 2 lbs 10 oz (2.7 lbs) or 1191 grams with the 6" coil. Thank you again EL NINO77 :smile:

Yep just weighed mine with the 6 inch coil confirmed 2lbs 10 ounces. 

IMG-1182.jpg

Steve .. I like to help, and I'm glad you're satisfied with the Adapter ..:smile:

I weighed my equinox 800 -6 "coil with the adapter-on the telescopic Golden Mask shaft and weighs exactly 1226 grams ...

the backrest which is on the golden mask shaft suits me very well, and according to me it promises a good balance of the detector ..

September 7 iphone 5S 2018 011_DxO.jpg

I love the little coil you have at the back what is it?????Golden mask?

RR