A Once In A Lifetime Gold Find

This particular find happened on July of this year. 

I went out today for few hours just to kill time. I wasn’t expecting much so I was just taking my time digging targets. I was digging lots of thrash as usual along with some pennies. I was using the Equinox 800 and since I wasn’t finding much I started just jumping between park 1 and field 1. After a few hours I came across this iffy target that would jump all over the place with negative numbers and hit 20-21 once in a while. I’m like another penny, I guess I will dig it since it’s my last target. I dug it and I see this weird coin staring back at me. I grab it and I’m a little confused now cause it sure doesn’t look like a Penny at all. After a few seconds go by it finally clicks, OMG this a fracken gold coin. Now I’m shaking And trying to figure out what to do next. After a minute or two I figured I should put it on top of the detector to let it breath and take a picture. Well, here it is and I hope this isn’t a dream. Thank you for looking and remember to dig everything because you just never know.  I wish you all a Happy New Year.

The last two pictures are after I finished cleaning it with water without any rubbing. The coin looks better in person but my camera phone can’t capture it good.

I found the coin in a public place where construction was being done. A lot of old dirt was pulled and spread out, about the size of a football field and 12”+ in depth.  A few of us hunted this site for a couple of weeks till they took most of the dirt back and cover the rest with clean dirt. I will make another post later with my othe finds from there.  Happy New Year to all.

40E235E2-9C87-4573-9A03-EDB74184D021.jpeg

59C797FB-B832-419D-88C9-33983809221E.jpeg

A44FCDAB-CE4E-4448-A861-CF7329AC1836.jpeg

81B71A7A-17C8-4D44-8603-EF90FE5313C7.jpeg

9CFFF386-8EF3-46B1-B3D1-A68F6B45A8E9.jpeg

62BC2AF6-3037-42F2-87F8-93AC4D62F230.jpeg

Way to go Seeker! Can you say what type of site you found this at...i.e. park, house site, military camp, etc. I am compiling a database. Thank you.

Unreall..what a great find!

Jim

Seeker,  I hope it is not your last, but you really did hit a "once in a lifetime find".  Hats off to you my friend and job well done.  Fine Shape too.