A Few Nuggets And Starting To Get Better At Detecting

Jin

This week I got a chance to get over to the goldfields for two days. It's a fair drive so I'm not able to get out as often as others so my experience is limited. Most of what I've learned has come from books, videos, forums, and Facebook. I was lucky last month to stumble upon some ground that had been worked over by someone else but not thoroughly. Out of that patch, i found another 2 ounces. Using what I learned from finding that patch I went looking for more in a different area. On Monday and Tuesday, i found another 40 grams of gold in 4 different locations. It's a shame I can only go prospecting once a month but at least now I know how to narrow my search area right down to make the time im prospecting count. Most of this was found using the 18" Coiltek Elite on a 4500. I do use a b&z booster with Gog headphones which I think picks up those faint targets better. I'm also thinking the reason I did ok is the ground is very cold and damp so maybe the signal strength is better than during the middle of summer. The biggest bit of gold weighed 16 grams and was dug at 350mm or around 14 inches. I was lucky to hear that one as I was walking pretty quickly swinging the coil. 

IMG_2591.JPG

Jin, you are having an awesome run and you must be doing some incredible research. 

Kudos to you :wink:

Feel free to share how you've been narrowing your search area :biggrin:

Good stuff mate! Big coil = big gold, simple formula. Good to hear those Gogs are working for you. 

You using an older or re-issue 4500? 

8 hours ago, PhaseTech said:

Good stuff mate! Big coil = big gold, simple formula. Good to hear those Gogs are working for you. 

You using an older or re-issue 4500? 

Hi Nenad, Its the re-issue 4500. I only recently started using the bigger coil after finding a few 0.50 gram bits with it. It gave me the confidence to know that the bigger coils are quite capable of finding the smaller stuff as well as going deep on bigger bits. I also cover a lot more ground in a day using the larger coil. 

Hi Jin

gee your on fire when you get out onto the gold fields 

well done 

thanks for sharing and showing us all 

cheers