Jonathan Porter

Equinox First Gold Nugget Photos

So if your finding these small nuggets in [multi] & field mode, heck the Equinox 600 would be just as capable in this regard, as according to the ML specs, the 600 & 800 utilize identical frequencies in simultaneous multi-frequency modes.  

Hmm....

• Like 1

On 12/22/2017 at 3:39 PM, Cal_Cobra said:

So if your finding these small nuggets in [multi] & field mode, heck the Equinox 600 would be just as capable in this regard, as according to the ML specs, the 600 & 800 utilize identical frequencies in simultaneous multi-frequency modes.  

Hmm....

It never pays to assume too much especially about something that hasn't been finalised yet, at the same time it can be a lot of fun trying to jigsaw all the snippets of info together while we all patiently wait for release day.

JP

• Like 3

I think Jonathon could find gold with a stick from a tree 😉

Just think about the small gold it will find with a smaller coil if it’s finding that small of gold now with the large coil.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

To be honest, being from the midwest, I had no idea you could even get that small of a nugget to register on the detector, Wow!

Ok....... ill be the one to ask....... whats that booster in your photo???  Is it in coil or headphone cable?

JP manufactures and sells the B&Z Booster. Originally designed for Minelab nugget detectors, it is an audio booster that works on most any detector that has a weak audio. Or people that have poor hearing.

More information on this thread

Thanks Steve...... i was wondering if it was being used when those tiny nuggets were found?   Obviously if it was people need to realize that.   How sensitive is it to minerals.......... im thinking wet salt sand?   Always looking for an edge Steve lol.  It also makes me realize i just might need one of those PPer i have in a box and not used for years.

Dew

The B&Z does nothing to make the detector more sensitive. In fact it has nothing really to do with the detector. It just takes whatever comes out of the headphone jack and amplifies it.

Thanks Steve ...... i did a little reading on them.   Still curious....... was he in multi freq or one of the gold freqs?    Could we get a picture or weight of the smallest one of those nuggets the machine would pick up in multi freq?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Happa54
      Hey Everyone...I hope you all had a great weekend hunt.
      At present time, I'm chasing buffs & V nics. I did enough silver and wheats since last year and I want to focus on different things one category at a time.
      This morning I was able to spend approx 3 hours at a 3-4 acre 1920's park until they took over the field for soccer. Got 6 nics and other goodies. 
      There were just as many quarter signals as there were dimes and pennies signals. Tells me that it isn't getting hunted much, if any... right?
      In my quest for nics, I'm blocking out everything except 12/13 and 18+ and I have been doing well with the nics this way. If a silver gets in the way, then it's icing on the cake. 
      What prompted me to write is this morning I dug a nic with an erratic signal and it got me wondering. It rang up as a weak 12/13. Threw it in AM and a 16 pops up, then a 14, but then drops back down to 12/13.  Threw it in 10khz and the numbers didn't move much. I decided to dig which I normally would not do if it isn't a steady 12/13. But I did anyways, then out comes a bent, slightly cut Jefferson. There was nothing else in the hole after a 2nd sweep of the coil. This now makes me wonder if I need to open up the numbers a little more... like maybe 11 - 14? I don't want to miss that V or Buff. 
      Thanks for stopping in and giving your feedback.

• By Stephen newell
      So after my debacle with Cabela's, I finally got to give my Knox a run. A nickle shy of 5 bucks the first time out. Penny, nickle, dime, quarter, half dollar is what I found. 
      I started the day following the advise of one of the members. A very good post about touch nothing, except sensitivity, ground balance, noise cancellation. I also dug all targets to start understanding the tones, Park 1 has 5 tones (plus I don't want Steve to ban me for breaking golden rule 1). This went on for awhile, unsure the exact time frame. But after a time I made a few tweaks nothing major. I turned on 50 tone towards the end of the run. Did this to see what was what. It is different I can say that. Not sure I need that many tones but I will give it time. After awhile I started to skip over trash that I knew was trash after digging it repeatedly and monitoring the display. This went on for awhile till I was sure I had a handle on things. The Nox target id is superb. Then I broke the don't touch anything rule. I did this by pushing up the reject number to ten. I went back to swinging for a little longer. Then I figured in stead of mentally ignoring 14 and 15, which was always cans and the like. I notched them out to see how the Nox would handle it. Excellently is the answer. I know there are valuables that peg that range, but not in this park. Plus it was about "can this unit cherry pick". Boy can it!!! I forgot to mention one of the first things I did was back down the sensitivity to 10. That was after digging foot deep holes in a park. Not my cup of tea. I save that for my nugget hunting. Even at setting 10, I was still picking things up 8 inches down regularly. So yep even at less than half power the Nox KO's targets. The last thing I changed was target ID speed, I moved it to 7. That is the only thing I noticed with the Nox. I hit a few pockets of coins. The Nox registered the higher Target but not the other targets. Only after removing the higher Target AKA quarter did the dimes register. This might just be a learning thing.
      Now to what matters most. I can say without reservation 95% of the time I dug a Target I knew where it was and what it was, before I removed it. That is what makes a GREAT DETECTOR. All detectors find stuff, that is not what makes a detector good to me. What truly matters is that you can pickup a detector and in a reasonable time frame understand it and be one with it. This is why I like Makro stuff. It is intuitive, simple, effective and right price point. Minelab makes great stuff not saying they don't. But what I am saying is they have been king of the hill for so long that they can and do, produce a detector the way they want and force the customer to adapt to that methodology. This makes it hard to change brands. Minelab's can be hard to run. I picked up a monster to see what it was all about. ( Steve pre warned me, I already had a great unit and that they where about the same) but I had to see. The short of it is, I didn' like the monster or trust it. I never knew what I was digging. I never once had the eureka moment with that unit. How does this apply to the Nox. Simple, each coin I hit was "cash register sound going of in my mind". I dug far less trash today then I do with my Racer 2. I punched too deep, at times lol. After only a few hours I am confident with this machine. I have used the 30/30, etrac. This unit is far better, for the price, ease of use and ability to pocket the targets you want to pocket. It is the best minelab I have used hands down. Not to say the others are bad, they are not. But I have done alot of hunting with the same people using those machines. The Nox is intuitive, quick to learn, excellent price point, there's more power then you need. I will take this unit to the gold fields and Tahoe soon, just to see if it holds up against a Makro gold racer or a 30/30 in their respective niches. I truley believe the little Nox can. silver coins and gold nuggets are bucket loads of smiles and I can't wait to start smiling.
      I couldn't sleep last night for the excitement of running The Nox. I kept waking up too early. Like going to Disney World as a kid.
      Hopefully this post will help the next person that is on the fence, landing them on the Nox buying side.
      Sidenote, go big. Don't get the 600, the 800 is worth twice what they are selling it for. You don't get a little more, you get buckets more. Those fine tuning abilities make all the diffrences.
      Better yet don't get a Nox, I love having an advantage on the other guy swinging.
    • By MCH2
      Found these with the 600 recently.

Lead Man

buried 4" deep

Lead ingot (4.15 oz) - wish it was silver

• By mn90403
      Thursday I went out to a Southern California gold location with a couple of friends.  The intention was to prospect hard all day but things didn't work out quite that way.  We did get a chance to hunt on an old patch that had raked hills and then another area where a quartz stringer had been chipped at many years ago.  My friends attacked the raked hills which they thought had been detected with GB2s.  They had 7000s. (I had my 7000 with me but I wanted to swing something different!)  I started out on some of the same little hills but quickly tired of nothing good and I headed for some areas that had not been raked.  
      We spent about an hour at this location and we were about to leave when I got a signal on my 800.  It was a 1.  I did a bit of a foot scrape and pick scrape and it was still there.  This time it was not foil.  I scrapped a bit more and was encouraged by its depth of 4 inches.  I came upon a piece of quartz and got it out of the way and the signal was gone.  I swung and the signal was in the quartz but the rock was dirty.  I put it in my pouch with the other trash.  It weighs about a pound and a half.  We left.
      About 2 hours later we stopped at another place to explore and I had time to pour some bottled tea on the quartz.  I looked and tested and my friend had a loop and he said it is definitely gold.  I looked and sure enough it is.  I haven't been able to do a specific gravity test on it yet but I don't think there is much gold.  Upon further testing the 7000 can see it from about 15 inches above on an air test and the 800 can see it about 8 inches.  There are a couple of more dense masses in it somewhere but I'm just glad the 800 could see it.  I was in Gold 1.
      Mitchel

• By MCH2
      Has anyone tried the Ausdom AH3 Apt-x low latency head phones.  I just got them for my Equinox 600 and they paired right up with low latency.  I then took them to a fairground that I have partially searched.  My coin count was way down while using them.  I will check them in my coin garden tomorrow.  Just wondering if anyone else has tried them and their opinion.
      Malcolm
    • By sillllvar
      Well for me at least 😀 So another 2 hour hunt at the pounded out early 1700's Hole, abandoned prob around 1850 or 1860. I Kept circling in the general vicinity of the home site and found a few more buttons and lead bullets. I had a faint but audible signal which read 13/14 and from a good depth out came the little Georgian strap buckle. The buttons were reading at 9/10 in Field 2. The little buckle might not be a silver coin but I'm totally happy that I found it. I've never found one so small or seen one to be honest! I think the conical button might be militia issue as I've had them before with militia insignia on the front. I like that button because the shank is Wayyy off centre! I guess that one was made on a Friday 😁 I thought I might be out this weekend but its rain/thunderstorms both friggin days 😢 Good Luck to all who get out! I'm really starting to think this Nox 800 is going to be one heck of a ride!
      Oh, penny in there for scale.

HH
      Sillllvar