Equinox Stand Will It Keep It Upright ?

It’s been all kind of questions ask here but I don’t think this one has came up .

Steve just how good is the stand on holding the Equinox up ?

I dislike a stand that won’t keep your detector upright every time you put it down.  I like taking care of my detector and I won’t take it out until I fix a problem like falling over like a dead dog until it’s corrected.

Chuck

• Like 1

I agree. The Gold Monster is horrible in this aspect. I’m sure the 6” coil doesn’t help to provide stability though. 

Maybe the larger Equinox coil will help?  Hope so or there will be some more mods happening :smile:

Just guessing here, but the "flat" spot on the bottom of the 11" coil should help in that regard, I'd think...

Steve

All you have to do is keep the coil tension set to a point where it's not floppy but can be shoved flat when you set the machine down. You can do it while still holding the handle and not touching the coil itself. That will keep the machine upright even on a slope. Then when you stand up you can also shove the handle and set the coil to the right angle. Really a non issue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I agree with you MineBlab that it should be a non issue with the standard coil.   Smaller coils might see an issue as with the GM. 

Even the larger GM coil does not assist much as it is still not very wide. 

We’ll wait and see. 

• Thanks 1

Same as the X-Terra really, as far as I can see it looks like the same stand. 

It can tip fairly easily

Lay the coil flat on the surface then place the back end down... is the way I do it with my X-Terra so it doesn't tip over.

As RR above says, there are a few aftermarket solutions for people having issues 

Equinox price kept to minimum by sharing some (well proven) basic parts already manufactured for the X-Terra.

The wireless option should greatly reduce tipping issues in my opinion.  Looking forward to that. 

• Like 2