By Steve Herschbach
Heck, by then I hope we are seeing the digital version. Alexandre pulled out the stops on this one for what can be done with analog, and the only way to take it to the next level is some serious digital signal processing. What I can separate with my ears, a microprocessor and the right software should be able to do as well or better.
I know this has been asked before and I'm sorry if one of the current Impulse AQ owners has already done the test and reported..........But we've all seen the nails stacked on top of the ring and the ring on top of a pile of rings. What I want to know is will the Impulse AQ pick out the ring in a 3D scenario? What if a ring is buried 2 or 4 or 6 inches deep and nails are placed above and off to the side of the ring. Can the Impulse AQ still get the ring.
By Steve Herschbach
Demonstration of how the new Fisher Impulse AQ handles non-ferrous items surrounded by or under ferrous trash. ZTS® "Zero Target Separation" Official Fisher video.
Fisher Impulse AQ Detector Data & User Reviews
Fisher Impulse AQ ZTS® "Zero Target Separation"
I would guess that there are more than a few of us here that are already on the list for the new Fisher detector. So where do you plan on using/testing the detector? Here is my list:
- Back bays that don't get major sand movement and have a ton of iron and other trash. However, there are plenty of deep targets and old gold if you know where to look.
- Low on the slope during extreme low tides (especially negative tides). The gold is always there but the depth depends on sand movement and which detector you are using.
- Some fresh water lakes where I have found many gold rings but know that there are a lot more that are deep because of the soft sand bottom and agitation from wind waves and boat wakes. Because there is no salt there I should be able to tune the detector for optimum performance.
- Sand dunes where we have found old coins and jewelry over the years. Deep deep targets.
- Possibly the eastern deserts of California where we have found a few locations with old coins that get buried by drifting sands and washed into black sand gullies from flash floods.
- Oh, and, of course, the jet black sand beaches.
By Joe Beechnut OBN
I know many have been waiting to see just how much depth is lost in the reject mods. I ran short on time this morning but was able to get in one good video test...I figured what better then a 22k gold ring for my buddy Dew... And let me say I'm still not the best at the settings, sweep speed, the machine itself.....and all of the other details that go into getting the best results with the machine that is going to take months for me to learn...... (Just a Disclaimer for those who feel different about (my testing) on the "AQ" ........over on the other forums-😁)
Also I had some interesting Messages from a few that felt I did not clean out the area of the PVC pipe before doing the testing..well this video is for those..on the other forums again..
Everyone here on Steves forum have been very thankful and kind..So thank You!