Cal_Cobra

Cal_cobra Meets An Indian Princess On The Spanish Trail

More gold for Cal.  Surprised you didn't find some Spanish Silver too.  Nice digs.

• Like 1

Great finds, and all I can say is that I live in the wrong place.

Great job and keep up the good work!

• Like 1

Brian,

The word you used in the first sentence of your post, is the best one I can think of, to describe that...EPIC!

One thing I don't recall from the video, is how deep you think the gold coin was...just curious, as you said the machine was rock-solid on the "12" VDI...I am wondering how deep the EQX can hold that solid of an ID, in the dirt, on such a small coin...

Anyway, incredible job!  Your persistence with this site really, REALLY paid off, in a big way!

CONGRATS!!

Steve

• Like 1

What else can be said, that's what makes digging hundreds of pieces of trash worth it. You just never know when the next plug's gonna be a bucket lister. Congrats on a find of a lifetime!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dan(NM) said:

What else can be said, that's what makes digging hundreds of pieces of trash worth it. You just never know when the next plug's gonna be a bucket lister. Congrats on a find of a lifetime!!

Not his first gold coin...so multiple lifetimes :biggrin:  That is a $1000 coin in VF30 condition!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chase Goldman said:

Not his first gold coin...so multiple lifetimes :biggrin:  That is a $1000 coin in VF30 condition!

• Yeah, and check out the value on the 1865-S Seated Dime...   :ohmy:
  • Like 1

Smashing finds.  Looks like Ole Tom slipped up and left.  Lol

Congrats.

• Like 1

You and your detector are both in tune with each other I’d say! Congratulations Brian!! 👍🏼 

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Glenn in CO
      What's Your Most Unusual Token Find?
      Recently Calabash had posted a unusual token find for one loaf which I thought was pretty cool token find. Going through some of my token finds from past years I believe this is my most unusual token find to date. The token is from the Delagua Mine which is located in southern Colorado and is good for one cap, 22mm in size and made of brass. The V.A.F. Co. stands for the Victor-American Fuel Company.
      Here is some history on the Delagua Mine:
      Delagua developed around the Delagua bituminous coal mine, opened in 1903 and operated by the Victor American Fuel Company. As of 1922, it was the largest mine in Colorado,and at its peak employed at least 900 men. In October 1917, the Delagua Mine was considered one of the "largest and finest 'mining camps' in the state". By 1916 the saloon and dance hall had been converted into the Delagua Social Club, complete with "three first class pool tables and one billiard table", a soda fountain, , bowling alleys, a stage that featured a motion picture show twice weekly and at least 250 members in 1917. At the Delagua Mine on November 8, 1910, an explosion (loud enough to be heard three miles away in Hastings) killed 76 miners. Safety inspectors later determined that the blast was an explosion of gas and dust, caused by the open flame of a head lamp.

• By Cowkiller
      I got a equinox 800 last week and my first two hunts i got nothing good. Watched you tube til I found the end of coin shooting. I made adjustments and bam one 1943 mercury dime, some wheats a 1967 peso and a cool brass button that reads California Highway Patrol. The picture I took sucks sorry about that. Whats the best way to clean these guys up? youtube is all over the map....

• By steveg
      ...a pretty good day by Oklahoma standards! 

These came from a grassy area between an old hospital, and an old church; my hunting buddies managed some other goodies -- including two Mercs, a couple of IHPs, several wheats, and a Buffalo nickel.
      Steve

• By relicmeister
      This weekend I went to a cool new location with multiple late 19th century cellar holes. Was using my Orx with 9” X35 at 17 KHz   
          A few interesting relics found but by far the best find was this 1864 2- cent piece which is in really nice condition with a great patina. Only my second 2- cent but the first was smoked by the fertilizer used in the park it was found in. Could barely identify it. 
          I’ll be going back to the spot multiple times as I haven’t even explored the area yet.  Also found an 1884 IHP
        Figured I’d post as the XP forum has been a little slow of late. 

• By calabash digger
      Found this with Equinox 800 on a early site..

• By Bash
      After a bit of a drought of finding cool coins with the Equinox, I found another V nickel detecting in the neighbors parking strip in between thunderstorms.  It was pretty worn and pitted, and not of any numismatic value, so I cleaned it up a bit.